Mac
  1. iMac
(SUCCESS) GA-Z170-HD3, Skylake i7 6700, Nvidia GTX 950 OC, 16gb DDR4
Download
OS X 10.11.6 From the app store first

To Create The USB installer drive

Follow the guide linked here
Steps 1 and 2 ONLY!
once completed mount your USB EFI partition, if not already done for you by unibeast.
copy and paste the attached config.plist into EFI/CLOVER
Download the latest
FakeSMC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
Unpack the files from the release folders and place only the .kext files in the folders EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11 and OTHER
delete all other numbered directories.
Unibeast should have already installed realtek 8111.kext for you. If it did, copy the .kext to the OTHER folder as well.
If not, download it from the above link, and place it in both 10.11 and OTHER folders on the EFI partition.
also download HFSPlus.efi and place it in the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI Folder, and delete the VBoxHFS File from that location.
You should now have a full working OS X 10.11.6 Installer drive for the GA-Z170-HD3 motherboard.

BIOS Revision F6 Settings

I used the BIOS settings from this guide
here

Installation
Note: I installed this with the nvidia gtx 950 OC installed and used it for the entire setup.

Place the USB drive you just made in any USB port on the back of the board, and power on the computer.
press F12 for boot device menu and select the USB drive for installation.

Once at the clover screen, select, and boot to the installer from the USB installer drive often marked External under the icon in the boot loader menu.
GIVE IT A FEW MINUTES HERE PEOPLE!
IT WILL BOOT TO THE INSTALLER.
once inside the installer, select utilities from the drop down menu at the top left.
run Disk Utility.
Format your Hard drive for installation.

Once complete close Disk Utility, and Resume installation making sure to select your newly formatted drive as the installation target.
Let the installer complete and reboot the computer.
DO NOT REMOVE THE USB YET.

POST INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Once the computer reboots select the HARD DRIVE you just installed OS X onto.
once it boots to the setup screen follow the onscreen prompts to finish the user account setup, and get to the desktop.
At this point we need to mount the EFI partitions of both the HDD and USB so we can do some copying and pasting.

so you will need to download EFIMounter v3
use the application you just downloaded to mount both of your drives EFI partitions
then you need to copy all of the contents of the USB EFI partition to the root of the EFI partition of the HDD
Once complete restart the computer.
REMOVE THE USB DRIVE NOW.
now the computer should boot to clover from the HDD and you can select the partition you would like to boot from.
Boot back into OS X and lets continue.
Now we need to download some things.
for NVIDIA GFX CARD Download

WEB DRIVER

AGDP FIX

For Sound Download
ALC COMMAND

Now we need to mount the EFI partition of our HDD again. USE EFIMounter v3 to do so.
Once complete run the

audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command
you just downloaded
it will ask you to restart, DO NOT DO IT YET.

Run The Nvidia web driver package you just downloaded
AGAIN DO NOT RESTART YET
Run AGDP FIX you just downloaded.
AGAIN DO NOT RESTART!
Just leave all the windows open on the screen and navigate to your HDD EFI partition again.
now we need to edit the config.plist located in EFI/CLOVER

download Plist Edit Pro
now double click the config.plist in your EFI partition and it will open with Plist Edit Pro
click the down arrow next to Boot
and under arguments delete nv_disable=1 and add nvda_drv=1
save the file and reboot your computer.

Congratulations!!
on your working h
ackintosh!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
Is microphone working for you? Mine doesn't detect any input from the 3.5mm port, though audio does work. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try this tutorial.

It works like a charm.

But I have one question, once I've done the whole installation, Nvidia tells me that a graphic card driver update is available. Can I just do the update, or do I have to patch again?

PS: I just see that the graphics driver are OS X native that is selected. Must I force the web driver?

Last edited by a moderator:
Audio doesn't work.I use hd530 intel.help?

After messing with this config for almost 2 weeks, I finally got the sequence down.. I confess, I’m no expert, but this seemed to work for me. Hope this works for you too.

My Build
MOBO z170-HD3
Bios F6
CPU 6700k
Mem Balistic 2400, 16 Gig
Samsung 850 Pro 1t

OS Sierra

Normal Bios Settings
Load Optimized Settings

Fast Boot Disabled
Windows 8/10
CSM Enabled
Network Stack Disabled

Peripherals
Intel Platform Trust Disabled
Legacy USB Enabled
XHCI Hands Off Enabled
Port 60/64 Enabled
Super IO Serial and parallel Disabled

ChipSet
High Precision Timer Disabled
IOAPIC Disabled

Use ONLY the latest Unibeast 7.1.1 (Double check because I was using an old one, 7.0.1 which didnt work)

One of the other things that really hung me up was My SSD (samsung 850 pro 1T) .. Use another machine, and put a clean partition on it.. There can be no remnants of any kind on it, old Clover etc will freeze.. Not sure why..
I also did not install my Video card, I set this up with my Onboard HDMI first.

Create Unibeast As Normal.
With EDI Mounted on USB, Copy file SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml to EDI\CLOVER\ACPI\Patched
This will be important to get the audio working

Copy Multibeast onto the USB ( you will need this later)
Copy audio_pikeralphaALC-120_v1.0d to USB ( you will need this later)
Copy Clover Configurator to the USB, I use this later to mount the EDI located on my SSD. ( you will need this later)

Insert USB, Boot future Hackintosh and run Unibeast to install.. I did NOT use any flags.
Leave the USB in place for now, It will be needed to boot the new os. Boot in HFS (From the hard drive)

Hopefully, you are up and running. Now, I had 3 remaining issues.. My network card, USB 3 and Audio.. I was able to get the rest working with these steps.

Copy all three files from the USB to desktop.. Multibeast, clover configurator and the audio script (audio_pikeralphaALC-120_v1.0d)
to desktop..

Run/Start Multicast from desktop
From QuickStart, check UEFI boot mode
From Drivers.Network check the latest RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.1
From Drivers,USB check all three, 3rd party, 7/8/9 series USB, Increase Max Port support
From Drivers, Audio, Check ALC887/888b,100 series Audio, Optional 3 port 5.1

Shutdown

Remove the USB, Shouldn’t need it anymore..

Run Clover configurator.. Mount the EDI on the Harddrive/SSD.. (NOT THE USB drive, Made this mistake too.. )
For this next script to work, you should be connected to the internet, so you might want to double check your Network cards connection. Once again, you will need EDI to be mounted on the hard drive for this script to run.

Now Click on audio_pikeralphaALC-120_v1.0d
This should load the script into terminal, put your password in. Answer yes to everything..

Now reboot.. Everything should be working..(at least Network, Audio and USB 3)

Hope this helps someone.. Im still confirming that all is well, but so far so good.

(SUCCESS) GA-Z170-HD3, Skylake i7 6700, Nvidia GTX 950 OC, 16gb DDR4
Download
OS X 10.11.6 From the app store first

To Create The USB installer drive

Follow the guide linked here
Steps 1 and 2 ONLY!
once completed mount your USB EFI partition, if not already done for you by unibeast.
copy and paste the attached config.plist into EFI/CLOVER
Download the latest
FakeSMC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
Unpack the files from the release folders and place only the .kext files in the folders EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11 and OTHER
delete all other numbered directories.
Unibeast should have already installed realtek 8111.kext for you. If it did, copy the .kext to the OTHER folder as well.
If not, download it from the above link, and place it in both 10.11 and OTHER folders on the EFI partition.
also download HFSPlus.efi and place it in the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI Folder, and delete the VBoxHFS File from that location.
You should now have a full working OS X 10.11.6 Installer drive for the GA-Z170-HD3 motherboard.

BIOS Revision F6 Settings

I used the BIOS settings from this guide
here

Installation
Note: I installed this with the nvidia gtx 950 OC installed and used it for the entire setup.

Place the USB drive you just made in any USB port on the back of the board, and power on the computer.
press F12 for boot device menu and select the USB drive for installation.

Once at the clover screen, select, and boot to the installer from the USB installer drive often marked External under the icon in the boot loader menu.
GIVE IT A FEW MINUTES HERE PEOPLE!
IT WILL BOOT TO THE INSTALLER.
once inside the installer, select utilities from the drop down menu at the top left.
run Disk Utility.
Format your Hard drive for installation.

Once complete close Disk Utility, and Resume installation making sure to select your newly formatted drive as the installation target.
Let the installer complete and reboot the computer.
DO NOT REMOVE THE USB YET.

POST INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Once the computer reboots select the HARD DRIVE you just installed OS X onto.
once it boots to the setup screen follow the onscreen prompts to finish the user account setup, and get to the desktop.
At this point we need to mount the EFI partitions of both the HDD and USB so we can do some copying and pasting.

so you will need to download EFIMounter v3
use the application you just downloaded to mount both of your drives EFI partitions
then you need to copy all of the contents of the USB EFI partition to the root of the EFI partition of the HDD
Once complete restart the computer.
REMOVE THE USB DRIVE NOW.
now the computer should boot to clover from the HDD and you can select the partition you would like to boot from.
Boot back into OS X and lets continue.
Now we need to download some things.
for NVIDIA GFX CARD Download

WEB DRIVER

AGDP FIX

For Sound Download
ALC COMMAND

Now we need to mount the EFI partition of our HDD again. USE EFIMounter v3 to do so.
Once complete run the

audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command
you just downloaded
it will ask you to restart, DO NOT DO IT YET.

Run The Nvidia web driver package you just downloaded
AGAIN DO NOT RESTART YET
Run AGDP FIX you just downloaded.
AGAIN DO NOT RESTART!
Just leave all the windows open on the screen and navigate to your HDD EFI partition again.
now we need to edit the config.plist located in EFI/CLOVER

download Plist Edit Pro
now double click the config.plist in your EFI partition and it will open with Plist Edit Pro
click the down arrow next to Boot
and under arguments delete nv_disable=1 and add nvda_drv=1
save the file and reboot your computer.

Congratulations!!
on your working h
ackintosh!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GUIDE ! I have similar components with the same mobo and installed Sierra very easy thanks to your attached config.plist

I have the same DDR 4 card, everything works, but there is a significant problem. USB 3.0 does not work. More precisely, it works but in usb 2.0 ports.
If you managed to include usb 3.0, do not share the necessary file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back