Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] El Capitan 10.11 Clover | GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 | AMD 6870 | 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the standard config.plist for Clover? The link in both of the how-to posts seems to be broken.
Thanks,
Russ

This guide saved me! I have had a Hackintosh with the ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 with a i5 2500k, and Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 since ML, but when I migrated to Clover with Yosemite, I messed up the AppleHDA.kext and couldn't get it to work. Plus I knew I had a bunch of other configurations not correct in my config.plist. So I did a clean install and learned a lot. Here's a couple of points that were big for me:

STEP 1: DOWNLOAD EL CAPITAN

Tip 1: For those re-installing, you can re-download El Capitan and Yosemite to your /Applications folder from the App Store if you look in Purchased. Just cancel when it tries to run it after downloading.

STEP 2: CREATING USB
  • Create Unibeast El Capitan USB Drive
  • Replace EFI/Clover/Config.plist on USB with STANDARD Config.plist NOT ati or Nvidia
  • Put one of each kext into into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
  • Delete all other folders except Other
Tip 1: CHOOSE CLOVER LEGACY NOT CLOVER SINCE THIS IS A 6 SERIES MOTHERBOARD.
Tip 1: Don't inject ATI or Nvidia. Apple support AMD Radeon HD 6xxx out of the box.
Tip 2: Unibeast progress bar is not reflective of time left. It close to about 20% and sticks, then goes to 60% then sticks. Then 100% and it's complete. Just give it time.
Tip 3: Copy Clover Configurator, El Capitan Post-Install Tools, and CloverALC110Script to your Unibeast USB. Not required, but helpful if you are installing offline. I'm super cautious with Apple pinging it's servers so I did everything offline so I could enter my custom SMBIOS and RTVariables to make sure iMessage and FaceTime work. You will need to be online for the ALC-110 Script to run since it grabs config files from GitHub.

STEP 3: BIOS SETTINGS
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • CPU-EIST = Disabled
  • VT-D (VMM) = Disabled
  • XMP Profile = 1
  • Hard Drives = AHCI
  • Boot Mode = UEFI Only
  • OS Type = Other OS
Tip 1: Couldn't find VT-D setting to change on UEFI Bios settings.
Tip 2: Verify your BIOS settings don't go back to defaults when your reboot. Had that happen randomly at times.

STEP 4: INSTALL EL CAPITAN

Tip 1:
Plug the USB Unibeast drive into a 2.0 slot not 3.0.
Tip 2: Use a USB 2.0 mouse and keyboard, especially if you have to use Disk Utility to format a HDD first.

STEP 5: POST INSTALL

Tip 1: This part was pretty vague, I want to clarify that since it's a Gigabyte 6 series you should follow the STEP 6: Alternate Post-Installation instructions carefully.
Tip 2:
Install Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy.pkg because of Gigabyte 6 series motherboard.

Hope that helps!

I don't entirely agree with you conorjay. I'm using U1L BIOS and I wasn't able to get it to work in a legacy mode with Unibeast, but it works flawless with UEFI (no ATI of Nvidia). The trouble I had (boot crashes after black screen/Apple logo) was due to the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi I was using in Yosemite, after ditching that one and use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi it's all fine. Unibeast 6.20 already has that one on board by default, so for me the following worked:
1. Run Unibeast
2. Choose UEFI Boot Mode
3. No ATI or Nvidia inject

Have your motherboard settings right, disabling CPU-EIST is important. After that you can just install it with the config.plist that Unibeast already installs.

Also installing Clover in the post-install, I only got it to work using UEFI-only mode. As explained, what I did wrong the first time was choosing OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in stead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

I've read that El Capitan should natively support the Etron EJ168 IF you choose the correct SMBIOS, MacPro6.1 should work. I'm using iMac12.2 because I cannot seem to get iMessage to work with any other SMBIOS and USB3.0 is less important to me than iMessage. So I don't bother ;)

Last edited:
I have everything working with this board + AMD6870 EXCEPT Audio! Any help would be appreciated. The Clover ALC110 script/command does not seem to work. Also tried installing VoodooHDA2.8.8, no luck!

I've read that El Capitan should natively support the Etron EJ168 IF you choose the correct SMBIOS, MacPro6.1 should work. I'm using iMac12.2 because I cannot seem to get iMessage to work with any other SMBIOS and USB3.0 is less important to me than iMessage. So I don't bother ;)

Thx for this info! Can yo please attack your config.plist?

Thank You!
You saved me a weekend. Much appreciated!

I just got mine up and running today with the exact same build as the original post. I'm now at Post-Installation and am wondering what my selections in Multibeast should be. Can you help?
Sure no problems. Drop me a PM. I'm just in the process of recovering a legacy build but as soon as I'm done more than happy to help.

Sure no problems. Drop me a PM. I'm just in the process of recovering a legacy build but as soon as I'm done more than happy to help.

Thanks! I updated from 10.7.5, and used Chimera to boot. Now I have 10.11 installed via USB, but it won't boot without the USB. When I installed Clover came up, but I'm not certain that Clover is installed or how to get it installed from here.

Bluetooth, ethernet, wifi all work. No audio or iMessage working.

Do I use Multibeast, and if so, what should my settings be?
Do I use Post-Installation tools? My motherboard is still Legacy BIOS, not UEFI.

A step-by-step guide would be so helpful. I'm scared I'm going to screw it up.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I have almost the same setup, the only different is the gfx card, but now i found out i will upgrade,
been trying to make this to work, but trying your way, but i keep getting this stop sign, do u know why?

And when u made your usb, what did u pick? UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode? and the standard config.plist
link isnt working.

Please help me out, so i can get this to work, tired of using my macbook pro to do everything...

-Trond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back