Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] El Capitan 10.11 Clover | GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 | AMD 6870 | 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I followed this tutorial and 30mn after, it was ok :)

Everything's works on mine exept USB3 and sometimes sound failed after sleep mode. I don't know why. I have to reboot my system to have sound again. :(

I updated my system in 10.11.4 with the App store. It works :)

I have the same board as the OP, but have UEFI U1h, a Sapphire Radeon 6670, and an i7-2700K. I had a solid Chimera installation with Yosemite under UEFI, but every attempt I have made to install El Capitan works at first (only with EIST and USB3 disabled, as well as XMP Profile 1 enabled in Advanced Frequency Settings), and I can usually get it to boot autonomously after using Multibeast 6.2 for post-install, as opposed to using the El Capitan Post Install Tools (which I haven't used because there are some missing pieces of information in the OP's guide when setting up the Unibeast installer). But as soon as I enable TRIM - or install anything else driver wise - either on my Intel 320 160GB SSD or my Samsung 850 Evo 1TB, I get stuck (when booting in verbose) at GPU VM Disabled, or something of that ilk. Without verbose, the first progress bar at boot just slows down a lot, fills up, but nothing happen. Making it so I can't boot into El Capitan any more. This sound familiar to anybody?

This guide saved me! I have had a Hackintosh with the ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 with a i5 2500k, and Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 since ML, but when I migrated to Clover with Yosemite, I messed up the AppleHDA.kext and couldn't get it to work. Plus I knew I had a bunch of other configurations not correct in my config.plist. So I did a clean install and learned a lot. Here's a couple of points that were big for me:

STEP 1: DOWNLOAD EL CAPITAN

Tip 1: For those re-installing, you can re-download El Capitan and Yosemite to your /Applications folder from the App Store if you look in Purchased. Just cancel when it tries to run it after downloading.

STEP 2: CREATING USB
  • Create Unibeast El Capitan USB Drive
  • Replace EFI/Clover/Config.plist on USB with STANDARD Config.plist NOT ati or Nvidia
  • Put one of each kext into into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
  • Delete all other folders except Other
Tip 1: CHOOSE CLOVER LEGACY NOT CLOVER SINCE THIS IS A 6 SERIES MOTHERBOARD.
Tip 1: Don't inject ATI or Nvidia. Apple support AMD Radeon HD 6xxx out of the box.
Tip 2: Unibeast progress bar is not reflective of time left. It close to about 20% and sticks, then goes to 60% then sticks. Then 100% and it's complete. Just give it time.
Tip 3: Copy Clover Configurator, El Capitan Post-Install Tools, and CloverALC110Script to your Unibeast USB. Not required, but helpful if you are installing offline. I'm super cautious with Apple pinging it's servers so I did everything offline so I could enter my custom SMBIOS and RTVariables to make sure iMessage and FaceTime work. You will need to be online for the ALC-110 Script to run since it grabs config files from GitHub.

STEP 3: BIOS SETTINGS
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • CPU-EIST = Disabled
  • VT-D (VMM) = Disabled
  • XMP Profile = 1
  • Hard Drives = AHCI
  • Boot Mode = UEFI Only
  • OS Type = Other OS
Tip 1: Couldn't find VT-D setting to change on UEFI Bios settings.
Tip 2: Verify your BIOS settings don't go back to defaults when your reboot. Had that happen randomly at times.

STEP 4: INSTALL EL CAPITAN

Tip 1:
Plug the USB Unibeast drive into a 2.0 slot not 3.0.
Tip 2: Use a USB 2.0 mouse and keyboard, especially if you have to use Disk Utility to format a HDD first.

STEP 5: POST INSTALL

Tip 1: This part was pretty vague, I want to clarify that since it's a Gigabyte 6 series you should follow the STEP 6: Alternate Post-Installation instructions carefully.
Tip 2:
Install Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy.pkg because of Gigabyte 6 series motherboard.

Hope that helps!

Just to clarify, you have working USB3 with the ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 board?

This guide saved me! I have had a Hackintosh with the ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 with a i5 2500k, and Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 since ML, but when I migrated to Clover with Yosemite, I messed up the AppleHDA.kext and couldn't get it to work. Plus I knew I had a bunch of other configurations not correct in my config.plist. So I did a clean install and learned a lot. Here's a couple of points that were big for me:

STEP 1: DOWNLOAD EL CAPITAN

Tip 1: For those re-installing, you can re-download El Capitan and Yosemite to your /Applications folder from the App Store if you look in Purchased. Just cancel when it tries to run it after downloading.

STEP 2: CREATING USB
  • Create Unibeast El Capitan USB Drive
  • Replace EFI/Clover/Config.plist on USB with STANDARD Config.plist NOT ati or Nvidia
  • Put one of each kext into into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
  • Delete all other folders except Other
Tip 1: CHOOSE CLOVER LEGACY NOT CLOVER SINCE THIS IS A 6 SERIES MOTHERBOARD.
Tip 1: Don't inject ATI or Nvidia. Apple support AMD Radeon HD 6xxx out of the box.
Tip 2: Unibeast progress bar is not reflective of time left. It close to about 20% and sticks, then goes to 60% then sticks. Then 100% and it's complete. Just give it time.
Tip 3: Copy Clover Configurator, El Capitan Post-Install Tools, and CloverALC110Script to your Unibeast USB. Not required, but helpful if you are installing offline. I'm super cautious with Apple pinging it's servers so I did everything offline so I could enter my custom SMBIOS and RTVariables to make sure iMessage and FaceTime work. You will need to be online for the ALC-110 Script to run since it grabs config files from GitHub.

STEP 3: BIOS SETTINGS
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • CPU-EIST = Disabled
  • VT-D (VMM) = Disabled
  • XMP Profile = 1
  • Hard Drives = AHCI
  • Boot Mode = UEFI Only
  • OS Type = Other OS
Tip 1: Couldn't find VT-D setting to change on UEFI Bios settings.
Tip 2: Verify your BIOS settings don't go back to defaults when your reboot. Had that happen randomly at times.

STEP 4: INSTALL EL CAPITAN

Tip 1:
Plug the USB Unibeast drive into a 2.0 slot not 3.0.
Tip 2: Use a USB 2.0 mouse and keyboard, especially if you have to use Disk Utility to format a HDD first.

STEP 5: POST INSTALL

Tip 1: This part was pretty vague, I want to clarify that since it's a Gigabyte 6 series you should follow the STEP 6: Alternate Post-Installation instructions carefully.
Tip 2:
Install Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy.pkg because of Gigabyte 6 series motherboard.

Hope that helps!

Anyone know how to get the integrated graphics card working?

I'm only asking since I have the Radeon 6850, which is causing some sleep issues. And I've heard that it's possible to fix those issues if you enable the integrated graphics card, even if you don't use it.

My integrated card is only recognized as "Display 3 MB", basically lacking some drivers I guess.

So far no luck with the sleep problem, but I'm curious to know if getting the correct drivers for the integrated card is going to fix things.

No, I think it's pretty well documented that USB3 does not work using this board. At least not yet.
Onboard USB 3.0 has been working for me with this board under 10.11.5 with GenericUSBXHCI.kext version 1.2.11 placed in EFI:EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Attachments

• GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip
    58 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back