[SUCCESS] El Capitan 10.11 Clover | GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 | AMD 6870 | 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
• Added following kexts to El Capitan/Library/Extentions​
FakeSMC.kext​
AppleIntelE1000.kext​
Atheros2200Ethernet.kext​
RealtekRTL8111.kext​

I'm pretty sure you don't need AppleIntelE1000.kext and Atheros2200Ethernet.kext since those don't correspond to the network chipset of this motherboard (which is the Realtek). So fakeSMC (+plugins for hardware monitor) and Realtek are enough.

I was able to clean install 10.11.1 with your instructions on my z68x-ud3h-b3 + 2600k + 280x. thanks!

Using migration assistant i was able to transfer my users and applications.

This just saved my ass

Had a working Yosemite Install and decided to fool around with El Capitan... just like you, my **** exploded and I accidentally wrote to the wrong drive = Yosemite out the window.

Thank you very much for going down the road first, lol

:)

Hi

I have exactly the same board and the same CPU. I have updated to UEFI bios from Award Bios with no problem at all. Then the problems happened. I cannot longer boot from my legacy hard drives, except the one with Windows 10 on. Booting from the El Capitan UniBeast installer hangs about 40% of the way. When creating the UniBeast USB installer, I selected EFI mode; was I right? Should I have checked HD 3000 graphics. When looking at your Bios settings, I realize that the menus are not similar to those I find in my Bios v.U1L(UEFIBIOS) which is the Beta Bios available on Gigabyte site. Could the problems I am having be caused by a wrong bios. Before upgrading, I made sure my mobo was a revision 1.3 and I downloaded the appropriate version.

I am regretting I upgraded to UEFI bios since I now have an unusable computer since I am even unable to revert to the original Award bios.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. can provide screenshots if necessary.

Thanks

I have always used chimera and didn’t know up from down when it came to clover. I Was running a Yosemite/Clover Install with no problems. One day this past week while strolling through TM, I came across a post on setting up a clover “test” usb. It said you could try out clover to see how your system would function without repercussion. If you come across that thread be very cautious. Long story short, to no fault of my own, the test usb completely ruined my install and I had to do an entire system wash. That being said, Clover and I got real intimate this past weekend and this “guide”, if that’s what you want to call it, is the result. I hope it helps someone.

HARDWARE
MotherBoard GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3
CPU i7-2600K
Graphics XFX Double D 6870
Memory 16GB 2133

UPGRADING BIOS TO UEFI
Since I had to completely redo everything I thought this would be a good time to get completely upgraded. Previously I was using the F10 BIOS. I upgraded to U1l, which is UEFI. If you’re in this situation let me save you some time; You can’t update your BIOS to UEFI with QFlash. You have to create a Bootable DOS USB and add Gigabyte's Flash Utility to it. You can achieve this with FreeDOS or windows. Gigabyte's tutorial was written in the 80’s and pretty much worthless. Here are some links that helped me out:

Upgrading 6 series BIOS to UEFI
MAcMan: Creating Bootable DOS USB

[highlight]***Note:[/highlight] Im not sure if you’ll have this issue, but my board immediately started updating bios on boot. I didn’t click or type anything. If this is the case for you, just chill, no need to **** yourself like i did. ;)

Hi

I have exactly the same board and the same CPU. I have updated to UEFI bios from Award Bios with no problem at all. Then the problems happened. I cannot longer boot from my legacy hard drives, except the one with Windows 10 on. Booting from the El Capitan UniBeast installer hangs about 40% of the way. When creating the UniBeast USB installer, I selected EFI mode; was I right? Should I have checked HD 3000 graphics. When looking at your Bios settings, I realize that the menus are not similar to those I find in my Bios v.U1L(UEFIBIOS) which is the Beta Bios available on Gigabyte site. Could the problems I am having be caused by a wrong bios. Before upgrading, I made sure my mobo was a revision 1.3 and I downloaded the appropriate version.

I am regretting I upgraded to UEFI bios since I now have an unusable computer since I am even unable to revert to the original Award bios.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. can provide screenshots if necessary.

Thanks

I have a GT 430 but the same board and a 2600k in this machine. Here's how I got to the install screen:

Boot your clover USB
Go to Options (NOT Clover Options)
Scroll down to the 2nd option (Boot args) and hit SPACEBAR
type this (without the quotes): "cpus=1 nv_disable=1" then press ENTER
Press ESC (you can go back into your options and make sure those arguments were added to whatever was there already)
Try installing again.

The 1st time I tried, I did "cpus=1" and it didn't crash, but it put my display out of range, so I gathered the driver isn't working right with my card, so I added "nv_disable=1" ... try it without nv_disable and see what happens. Good luck, I'm literally in the middle of the installer and about to start the actual installer now.

Wish me luck!

Update: an hour later.... I think this USB key (which is the only one I have that would even get me to the clover boot screen) is a USB 1.1 key. I'll let you know my success rate next Christmas)

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind advice and good luck. Hopefully, I will hear from you again by Christmas 2016.
I will follow your recommendations and keep you informed.

Have a nice day

I have a GT 430 but the same board and a 2600k in this machine. Here's how I got to the install screen:

Boot your clover USB
Go to Options (NOT Clover Options)
Scroll down to the 2nd option (Boot args) and hit SPACEBAR
type this (without the quotes): "cpus=1 nv_disable=1" then press ENTER
Press ESC (you can go back into your options and make sure those arguments were added to whatever was there already)
Try installing again.

The 1st time I tried, I did "cpus=1" and it didn't crash, but it put my display out of range, so I gathered the driver isn't working right with my card, so I added "nv_disable=1" ... try it without nv_disable and see what happens. Good luck, I'm literally in the middle of the installer and about to start the actual installer now.

Wish me luck!

Update: an hour later.... I think this USB key (which is the only one I have that would even get me to the clover boot screen) is a USB 1.1 key. I'll let you know my success rate next Christmas)

Hey Guys,

I want to apologize to all of you for not responding sooner. I wrote that post up mainly as a reminder to myself; if people were to get help out of it that's just icing on the cake. I had no idea so many of you were going to take interest and respond. I haven't been on pretty much since I wrote it. I am in the process of updating my other hackintosh to el capitan so when I went to go revisit it today I seen all of your replies.

First off, just want you to know I am no expert. I am just trying to figure everything out like you guys. so I'm not sure how much help i'll be for those of you with questions. Many of you had questions a couple of months ago and I'm gong to assume most of you found your answers elsewhere. I will keep a better eye on this thread if that's not the case.

Also a few of you tried to message me which, of course, I have no issue with but due to site rules I am not able to reply. (not enough posts) Ridiculous if you ask me (Ive been a member for 4 years) but rules are rules. ;)

Coquin your post is very recent so I will try my best to be of assistance:

From what I gather it sounds to me like it's an issue with your bios settings. When you flash your bios all your settings get reset. If I were you this is where I would start. Load optimized defaults and then copy the bios settings from my guide. If that doesn't work what I would do is boot in verbose mode and do some searches in the forum. If you can't find anything then take some screenshots of verbose mode and post them in the forum and see if anyone can help.

I hope this helps a little. ;)

I hope all of you had a Merry Xmas!

Happy Hacking!

Thanks for your reply

After reading your original post over and over, I was finally able to install El Capitan. The only thing that is not working is USB 3. I have USB 3 selected in Bios but all the usb ports just don't work.

I guess I still have some reading to do.

Thanks again

Hey Guys,

I want to apologize to all of you for not responding sooner. I wrote that post up mainly as a reminder to myself; if people were to get help out of it that's just icing on the cake. I had no idea so many of you were going to take interest and respond. I haven't been on pretty much since I wrote it. I am in the process of updating my other hackintosh to el capitan so when I went to go revisit it today I seen all of your replies.

First off, just want you to know I am no expert. I am just trying to figure everything out like you guys. so I'm not sure how much help i'll be for those of you with questions. Many of you had questions a couple of months ago and I'm gong to assume most of you found your answers elsewhere. I will keep a better eye on this thread if that's not the case.

Also a few of you tried to message me which, of course, I have no issue with but due to site rules I am not able to reply. (not enough posts) Ridiculous if you ask me (Ive been a member for 4 years) but rules are rules. ;)

Coquin your post is very recent so I will try my best to be of assistance:

From what I gather it sounds to me like it's an issue with your bios settings. When you flash your bios all your settings get reset. If I were you this is where I would start. Load optimized defaults and then copy the bios settings from my guide. If that doesn't work what I would do is boot in verbose mode and do some searches in the forum. If you can't find anything then take some screenshots of verbose mode and post them in the forum and see if anyone can help.

I hope this helps a little. ;)

I hope all of you had a Merry Xmas!

Happy Hacking!

I'm up and running now, I'm about to check all my USB ports, but I think it's all going.

Did you ever get AirPlay going? I'm running an nVidia GT 430 and AirPlay doesn't work (there's a guide about enabling this for Yosemite but I'm not sure if it works in El Capitan:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/118662-amd-nvidia-primary-display-airplay-mirroring.html ...)

If I boot using onboard graphics as my primary display (with nv_disable=1), AirPlay works flawlessly. The problem is, HD3000 I find is severely glitchy. (Every Hack I've ever done with this CPU has suffered that phenomenon, so I bought the GT 430 to alleviate the issue). My GT 430 seems to be working very well. The problem is, AirPlay is not happening. (Followed that guide to the letter).

Any thoughts?

Hi

I never used AirPlay; I have no idea how to make it work and I am not worrying about it since I don't need it.

I eventually installed El Capitan and got it working ok. However, after running Migration Assistant from a Chimera Yosemite drive I can no longer boot into El Capitan. I am stuck with loop reboot. What I am experiencing is kind of weird. I have four hard drives on my computer: Windows 10, Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan. As I said above, I cannot boot from El Capitan but I can from Mavericks without any flag. Windows 10 boots perfectly. As for my Yosemite (Chimera drive) it does not even show in the boot menu.

I am afraid I will have to do a clean install of El Capitan since I can find no boot flag that will make it boot. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm up and running now, I'm about to check all my USB ports, but I think it's all going.

Did you ever get AirPlay going? I'm running an nVidia GT 430 and AirPlay doesn't work (there's a guide about enabling this for Yosemite but I'm not sure if it works in El Capitan:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/118662-amd-nvidia-primary-display-airplay-mirroring.html ...)

If I boot using onboard graphics as my primary display (with nv_disable=1), AirPlay works flawlessly. The problem is, HD3000 I find is severely glitchy. (Every Hack I've ever done with this CPU has suffered that phenomenon, so I bought the GT 430 to alleviate the issue). My GT 430 seems to be working very well. The problem is, AirPlay is not happening. (Followed that guide to the letter).

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back