Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] El Capitan 10.11 Clover | GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 | AMD 6870 | 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! I'm glad to hear you got everything up and running!
My USB 3 ports do not work either. In fact, They've never worked on any build/osx version.
I've learned to live without them lol

As far as airplay is concerned. I've never had a need for it so I couldn't tell you. ;)

Hi. I have almost the same config. Also no USB3 functionality. Anyone here with this config has a succes story for working usb3? Or a PCI-e USB3 card that works with our mobo and 10.11.2?

Chiming in here, I have a Z68x-UD5-B3. Have got a rock solid Yosemite with legacy bios, so I see no need to try to hinge a bit of luck with UEFI.

I have done all the initial prep, and created a working USB with Unibeast and my 64gig flash drive. I used my existing DSDT and SSDT to precent P state errors, and had to disable CPU-EIST in the bios. Aside from that, I didn't have to disable USB 3 like some have.

Sadly the only HDD I had spare was faulty, and I didn't dare try on my Yosemite until I can clone it.

Tomorrow I will receive my Samsung 850EVO which I will be experimenting with. Shall revert back :twisted:

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 10.24.44 PM.pngUp and running folks. For any questions fire away.

Do you have USB3? And you used unibeast/legacy?

Sorry to hear your USB3 has never worked. That sounds a little odd to me because I have a very similar board (GA-Z68X-UD4-BH3) also with the Etron USB3 chip. I've had USB3 working for as long as Multibeast has supported it. There wasn't any real trick, but if you want, I can look to see which Kext I'm using for it.

If you would want to look it up and share that kext than I will give it a try with kextbeast :)
Thanks!

My workaround for this is to enable usb3 controller in bios and boot windows. I use windows to ingest videofiles. Then reboot, turn off usb3 controller in bios and work with my ingested files. This is however a time consuming proces. I was a happy camper with my previous 10.8.3 install with full functionality :p

Thank you for this guide. I was receiving an error when trying to boot to usb. It was my bios version. You're awesome.

Levitys Have you solved the sleep issue? Most everyone in the forum is looking for an answer to the AMD issue that disables your monitor so that it won't wake from sleep. See this thread... http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/170781-no-display-usb-after-wake-10-11-a.html

Sleep works fine on mine. I have the UEFI update the board. I have an AMD 6670 and run off of the DVI port. The thing with mine though is I have no video until the login screen comes up so it looks like it isn't working until then. To be able to see the board logo screen or the clover screen I have to switch to HDMI on the board. If I just run off of HDMI on the board video works fine until the apple logo would come up then it cuts out. For the most part i just stay plugged into my 6670 and wait thought since I don't have to access the board or clover screen unless something is wrong.

My main issue is I can't get Wake On Lan, WOL, to work. If I wake it within about 5 minutes of the system going to sleep then it will wake up, but it is like my ethernet port stops working after a while. I am still able to wake with the mouse and keyboard after that. I haven't been able to wake on lan since 10.10.4 if anyone has any suggestions on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back