Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jojobrown, would you please ensure that your "Wake on LAN" parameter is set to "DISABLED" into the "Power Management" tab of the BIOS? We experienced similar issues with various model of Mainboards and we found this workaround as a permanent solution. Hope that Helps ..... :)

Hey there bdzeus (or anyone else) -- sorry for the minor ressurection, here, but I'm trying to track down this same issue for the authors of the linux driver code, and i assumed that OS X is probably using the same network-card chipset codebase for a given mobo. (Is that even true?)

You said that you had seen the same issue on other motherboards as well, and I was wondering what other motherboards those were?

Would would be very interesting is if they were not Gigabyte boards -- it would point more strongly to a driver issue rather than a BIOS issue. If they were all gigabyte boards then it maybe implies that it's more of a BIOS problem.

Currently Gigabyte is blaming the drivers and the driver people are blaming the BIOS, so I'm trying to build a case one way or the other so we can see some action on the issue. :)

Thanks for any info!
-c

Hi clepsydrae,

although I'm not bdzeus and can't speak for him, I will try to give you an answer on this since I'm not sure whether he is still checking this thread:
Most of the builds here use gigabyte mainboards since they are the most compatible ones for hackintoshs. This is why I would believe that he meant Gigabyte boards.
If you want to get more info on that you should post a message in the "Buying advice" or "compatibility advice" subforums. There you will get much more attention.

By the way: Thanks for your efforts!

Anyone in this thread having problem with usb3 devices? I'm having freezes as soon as I use one. My configuration is the same as Dasdf.

Edit: Found a solution. Removed genericusbxhci.kext

@Ritte:thanks for your post and especially for including the fix.

hi.
thanx for the guide.

im about to copy yours as we have nearly identical components.
i have some questions:

do i need to download any DSDT? (i dont even see one for the z87xud3h)

do i need to uninstall all ram sticks except for one as it says in the 10.9 guide?

also, i have a separate ssd for win7, do i really need to unattach it while im installing osx?

thanx

Hi rtx1224,

you definitely don't need to download a DSDT since this Gigabyte Motherboard will work DSDT_free (also use the drivers from this section of Multibeast).
I have never experienced problems with the RAM sticks so I would say "no". In former versions of the installation guide this advice also wasn't given. I'm not sure what exactly they mean by

the best results with the latest 8-series motherboards and Haswell CPUs, remove all but 1 stick of RAM for the installation process

But anyway, it's super easy to remove some RAM dimms so it definitely should not be a problem to do this and I don't think it can harm the installation process.

Regarding the last question: I had problems installing OS X while still having my windows hdd hocked up so I would say "yes" here.

Hope this answers your questions and helps you to build your own hackintosh :thumbup:

Don't hesitate to post any follow-up questions

Daniel

...I have never experienced problems with the RAM sticks so I would say "no". In former versions of the installation guide this advice also wasn't given. I'm not sure what exactly they mean by
the best results with the latest 8-series motherboards and Haswell CPUs, remove all but 1 stick of RAM for the installation process
But anyway, it's super easy to remove some RAM dimms so it definitely should not be a problem to do this and I don't think it can harm the installation process....
The reason for the above advice in the Installation Guide is too ensure OS X installation, especially for those individuals that experiencing system freezes upon entering the installation process.

We are discovering that two items that are causing freezes. First, using older memory (from a previously build system) that is not on the motherboard's memory verified list document. Second, some users have reported that their system freezes with four memory sticks installed, and doesn't freeze with two of the four memory sticks removed. (We have not found the cause or solution for this problem.) These freezes are in addition to not using a Haswell rated PSU.

@Stork: thanks for clarification!

thanx for the quick replies dasdf and stork.

I do have 4 memory sticks installed and they are not supported officially by the motherboard (all 32gb do show up though in the bios) and i do not think my psu is a haswell supported one either so i think my setup will be a good example to further asses this experiment so I will first try to install mavericks with the setup as is and see if that works (unless you think this will cause other issues down the line?)
i will unplug the win7 ssd though

btw, should i do any other preliminary testing/benchmarks on windows to make sure the system is ok before installing osx?

and do I need to adjust anything in the bios to prep for the osx install? (the sata ports were set to ahci by default when i installed windows7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back