Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated my system (following the instructions from stork here) and had no issues so far.

Hey Dasdf, did you ever fix your speed step? I am only getting x8 and x35. Thanks!

Hi Changerrs,

no I didn't find a fix for this issue, although I have to admit that I didn't really try to do so in the last weeks because I'm quite absorbed by work :crazy:
But this is definitely something I want to have a look at in the next weeks or so!

Ok, just a quick update. After your post brought up the topic I had a look into one of my favorite hackintosh blogs. It's the one from pikeralpha and I know that he was working on a fix for the powerstates. Seems he created one and is adapting it to more and more processors! Look at his page. Maybe you can help him to adopt the kext for 4770K!

An easier way to look at your power management P-States is using DPCIManager. See SJ_Underwater's thread here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/107586-dpcimanager-1-5-release.html Note the P-State "button" in the top menu row. I use this utility whenever I want to see my P-States as it's easier to use than PikeRalpha's kext, which may have to be updated when OS X is updated.

Well that's a nice program. I just downloaded it and will look through it for the next half an hour figuring out what nice things I can do with it :D

@Stork: Thanks a lot for your advice :thumbup:

Thanks stork! I will take a look too!

Ok, just a quick update. After your post brought up the topic I had a look into one of my favorite hackintosh blogs. It's the one from pikeralpha and I know that he was working on a fix for the powerstates. Seems he created one and is adapting it to more and more processors! Look at his page. Maybe you can help him to adopt the kext for 4770K!
BTW, I didn't mean to negate dasdf's recommendation as I, too, use pikeralpha's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext on my test systems. I was attempting to point out DPCIManager as it's an easier method to observe P-States for occasional use. As you get into power management (if you are so incline) then pikeralpha's kext is very useful, but it requires some research on how to use it. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/91551-appleintelcpupowermanagementinfo-kext-msrdumper-successor.html for more information on the use of pikeralpha's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.

thanks for the additional link. I'll try to have a look into it at the weekend when I have time for my hackintosh again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back