Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i have a similar build installation went smooth. thanks to dasdf and seven..:thumbup:

But a issue with the OS freezing.

i will break it down to 2 parts.

1. usb ports causes system to freeze when plug-in external hdd or thumb drives(including iPhone)

2. not sure if this is related or completely accurate but it seems when i use my graphic card it freezes more than IGP

i have tried apply the dsdt , use generic usb 3.0 kext and, different boot flags ( kernelcache=No and -v) for the usb freezing
only seem to work right one one boot up

not sure about the graphic card it does have native support but read on different threads that it causes actual mac to freeze as well

all help is appreciated thanks in adv

What usb devices are you using? this could be an issue.

Hi dspill101,

does your syslog give any information about the freezes?

kinda new to the syslog I'm looking at through console but it appear it cause by this

PM talagent[156]: CGSBindSurface: Invalid window 0x25
PM WindowServer[85]: _CGXWindowRightsRelinquish: Invalid window 0x25

PM talagent[156]: CGSConnectionRelinquishWindowRights(cid, result, reservedRights): CGError 1001 on line 875
PM talagent[156]: CGSBindSurface: Invalid window 0x22

PM talagent[156]: CGSConnectionRelinquishWindowRights(cid, result, reservedRights): CGError 1001 on line 875

PM parentalcontrolsd[274]: StartObservingFSEvents [849:] -- *** StartObservingFSEvents started event stream

etc..(0x21, 0x20, 0x1f, 0x1e, 0x1c, 0x1d)

and IO bluetooth HCI controller figure might cause usb to freeze plus possible NTFS file system issue last thing after i plug my Toshiba drive

the first part this appear to be a audio node ID

not sure if they are related though

- - - Updated - - -

What usb devices are you using? this could be an issue.

it seagate 4TB external drive and a toshiba 500gb external drive, scan disk, sony thumdrives

Hm...weird problems. As far as I know talagent is part of the resume function within os x.
Are both disks ntfs? Did you try a non ntfs external disk?

alright found this
com.apple.kextcache[528]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext"

Thought it didn't get install got error from multibeast during install...deleted it
no more usb freeze :headbang: ..mostly 2 weird moment freeze from i transfer music to iPhone and my external hdd got ejected on its own
but that doesn't fully fix my problem :banghead:

still get system freeze also find this

com.apple.kextcache[342]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext"

com.apple.kextcache[342]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext"

com.apple.kextcache[342]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext"

com.apple.kextcache[342]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"

com.apple.kextcache[342]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext"

12/4/13 6:45:56.638 PM com.apple.kextcache[342]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"

Could this be my problem?

Yes, this could be the explanation. The kexts not working are for audio (all the HDA) ones, the RTC one is used for CMOS and the most probable cause for your errors is IOAHCIBlockStorage which is in control of datahandling. If you installed Multibeast and TRIM enabler, then you pached this kext. Since something went wrong with USBXHCI kext there might be some error there, too.

You might want to look here for further information.

I would advise you to get the original kexts from your backup and then execute Multibeast again. The alternative would be a clean install with new Multibeast installation.

dspill101,

Did you use MultiBeast 6.01? v6.0.0 used the very new kexts/drivers that were available for Mavericks, and some had bugs in them. v6.0.1 corrected some of the problems. So, try v6.0.1 if you haven't yet done so. :thumbup:

wow...cool to have a post by stork in my thread! Thanks for the idea:idea:

Disable VT-d in bios.

The k (unlocked) processors don't have VT-d so they don't need to do anything. But since you're is a locked one, you will need to disable it.

OMG !! okay this is what drove a longtime lurker to his first post. THANK you i have 20 different saves of multi beast configerations trying EVERYTHING i could possibly think of reading threads up and down and i finally found that last bit ! thanks a bunch

also thanks to DASDF for investing so much time in this thread !

it might have taken me 3 days getting this done, but i have learned more about computers and bios in these 3 days than my entire life ! xD

Nice to hear that the thread helped you!

Yes, this could be the explanation. The kexts not working are for audio (all the HDA) ones, the RTC one is used for CMOS and the most probable cause for your errors is IOAHCIBlockStorage which is in control of datahandling. If you installed Multibeast and TRIM enabler, then you pached this kext. Since something went wrong with USBXHCI kext there might be some error there, too.

You might want to look here for further information.

I would advise you to get the original kexts from your backup and then execute Multibeast again. The alternative would be a clean install with new Multibeast installation.

Yeah seen that article assumed it was out dated but i end up going back to ML. Will be doing test this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back