Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
dspill101,

Did you use MultiBeast 6.01? v6.0.0 used the very new kexts/drivers that were available for Mavericks, and some had bugs in them. v6.0.1 corrected some of the problems. So, try v6.0.1 if you haven't yet done so. :thumbup:

yeah i was using the latest Multibeast. i just hoping to be on the lastest OS X. Its all good just downgraded.

Hi Dasdf! First off, beautiful build! I plan on building the exact same build, 4770k and ud3h!

I have two question before I start my build.

1) Do I need to install 10.8.5 first? Then update to 10.9? Or can I just install 10.9 first?
(I wasnt sure if this is what you did)
2) How did you update your ud3h to F7 bios?
(I dont have windows and this board is brand new, never used with any other board before)

THANKS!

Hi Changerrs,

you can directly install Mavericks, thats absolutely no problem. I also directly installed it and did not upgrade from 10.8.5.
To update your bios you can download a file from gigabye and put it on a fat32 formatted usb-stick/pendrive. If you then choose to update in the bios it will give you the possibility to select the file from the pendrive. But there are also detailed step by step instructions in the manual or on the gigabyte homepage.

Hope everything will work, otherwise just ask!

Thanks Dasdf for such a quick response! I went to my local microcenter today and turns out they were out of stock of my fractal design define r4. So I gotta wait to get my case =(

But I will try everything you said and let you know how it goes! its really nice, that you're still active on your thread!

Hi Dasdf! So I followed your build instructions as well as SquadSevens and Shorts.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/109540-success-squadsevens-build-i7-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h-16gb-ram-gtx-780-3gb.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...uild-i7-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h-gtx-770-4gb-2.html

I used Short's multi-beast settings. The only problem I have (so far) is when booting up I still have to select Mavericks and then it goes to a snowy page (you know like old televisions) then the mac OSX log in page.

I believe I set my boot drive to the ssd that I installed Mavericks on.

Is there anyway to automatically have it boot to login screen and avoid the snowy page?

THANKS!

Also, how do you test if your speed step is working?

Just have a look into your HWmonitor. Tell it to give you graphs instead of numbers and then you can observe the multipliers :thumbup:

Just have a look into your HWmonitor. Tell it to give you graphs instead of numbers and then you can observe the multipliers :thumbup:

thanks dasdf! One more question =)

When you boot up, do you see this page? http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/69517d1383694166-usb-mavs.png.html with a loading bar under the mavericks icon? (it loads quickly) then moves on. Then I see a bunch of instructions (that I think the bootloader is going through) printed to the screen? It successfully gets through that then I get a snowy page for about 10-15 seconds and then the apple login screen.. I am using hdmi to connect to my monitor.

Does this happen for you? It seems that all the functionality is fine once im logged in, just the boot up process is slightly annoying. Thanks for your help again!

thanks dasdf! One more question =)

When you boot up, do you see this page? http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/69517d1383694166-usb-mavs.png.html with a loading bar under the mavericks icon? (it loads quickly) then moves on. Then I see a bunch of instructions (that I think the bootloader is going through) printed to the screen? It successfully gets through that then I get a snowy page for about 10-15 seconds and then the apple login screen.. I am using hdmi to connect to my monitor.

Does this happen for you? It seems that all the functionality is fine once im logged in, just the boot up process is slightly annoying. Thanks for your help again!
Sorry, those are just my preferred boot options. If the loading bar on the Chimera screen is too slow, set the Timeout in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to 1, so it should look like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0 -v</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	[B]<key>Timeout</key>[/B]
[B]	<string>1</string>[/B]
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Under kernel flags you can remove the "-v" so you can see the apple logo with a little spinning wheel while booting up. I use the verbose boot (which may confuse beginners) so I can see what's going on during the boot process.

Well I guess short already answered everything!
I see the menu to choose the different OS (I use it to boot into windows sometimes) but I turned off the verbose mode after I figured that mavericks was stable enough :)
And no, I don't have the snowy page, but others already reported this kind of static. But don't worry, I don't think this can cause any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back