Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your feedback!
i would use this my hack to record and make music...
the choice of case, psu, heatsink and fans made your machine quiet enough ?

i going to build same project but would get most silent pc possible :)
also checked wildwillow successful hackintosh and the result looks quite similar apart from the added discrete video card (gt 840).

Hey there !

I'm also using my hack to compose and record music, and this is my silent build : fractal design r4, with great foam covers all around the case, which makes it very quiet. And then be quiet power, dark rock pro 2 be quiet ventirad, and 2 be quiet fans added to the 2 included in the fractal. All is really very silent, even when working on protools...!
have fun with your build !

I'm very happy with the noise level of my hackintosh. I can barely hear it. Nevertheless I'm still looking forward to a next bios version with more fancontrol options. The minimal option now within bios still seems to much for the low temps I get.

That's exactly what I mean. I have the three fans (front, rear and cooler) running at 470 to 580 rpm and my temps shown by HW monitor are about 28 degrees for the cpus up to 40 at PCH IDE with a room temperature about 23 degrees (all this is celsius of course). I guess if I would only have 200rpm the temps would still be good...

I'm on 10.9 and have sleep, appstore, usb 3.0 multiple monitors,...running. No problems occurred so far.

Yes you are right, there are two issues associated with the cpu, but both are problems within os x as far as I can see and not specific to this board:
1. speedstep is not working right now, only 8x,35x and 37x run out of the box. But there are some more knowledgeable persons trying to fix this.
2. When overclocking the system speed is not shown correctly, but the benchmarks are showing, that the overclocking does work. I overclocked my turbo multipliers to three times 43x and one time 42x and the systems runs without any problems. But of course when overclocking and benchmarking you can hear the cooler fan running faster to keep the temperature.

But I have to admit: I'm totally new to overclocking and just followed some guides from the forum. So I can't give you much information on this...

@Dasdf and wat about iMessage? Does it work for you.

This is my first post on this forum. I am waiting for my parts to arrive. I've read this topic thoroughly so now I know what should I expect :)

Hi garbageCollector,

I don't use iMessage, so I did not do a "in depth test", but I opened iMessage once and everything seemed to work fine. At least there was no error message or something.

I'll have a look at this for you this evening again and then I'll give you a update :)

So now I tried Messages and got an error when logging in. So I guess messages is not working, but a quick look into the internet pointed out, that there are some fixes for that for mavericks. But since I don't use messages I didn't try them.

Ok thank you Dasdf :) Today my SSD predestined for OS X will arive. I'll let you guys know, how the things go.

Best!

Hello guys!

Today I built my first hackintosh. Process went very smooth. I didn't have many problems with setting everything up. However I still have some minor issues.

I have 2 ssd drives(1 for OS X, 1 for Windows/Linux), and Chimera 2.2.1 as a bootloader. When I boot the computer up from OS X drive, I don't see any graphical menu, to choose other OS. Instead I see a countdown, and when it finishes, OS X boots automatically. My org.chameleon.bool.plist file looks like the one from here. Please help me how can I set the bootloader to graphic mode, and to choose from which ssd drive to boot.

Also, I have the same problem as someone before - the sound from earphones is a bit 'choppy'. Please advise how to repair that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back