Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend not bothering with the dsdt as it is right now to solve that particular issue (Just that particular issue). I'm also having some problems with mouse clicks / keyboard keys not registering so it seems the dsdt didnt solve that...im guessing it has something to do with inactivity timeout.....not sure...

So you advise me in the end not to do it ?

Hi klandathu,

thanks for your post with the "basic boot options". I had a look at my initial post and they really were not selected there...sorry for that mistake and all your problems due to this. When updating my post to mavericks I uploaded the wrong multibeast picture...:rolleyes:
Also the ethernet drivers were missing, so if you didn't install them until now you should do so now.
I'm sorry.

Hope this will also fix your appstore problems

@Nimanima: As far as I can understand the coding of the dsdt I would also think that your problems won't be solved by them. Of course you may give it a shot, but I don't think that it will help.
The only helping thing might be, that it resets the usb currents to 500mA as they should be. Without your system (at least mine is) is always complains during boot about "not enough current" for usb. Might be your mouse needs all the 500mA and this is why it sometimes fails. But this seems very unlikely to me because 500mA is quite much and a normal mouse wouldn't need so much. But of course you can check your mouses' power consumption in windows und linux.

So you advise me in the end not to do it ?

I don't advise struggling with creating a dsdt to solve just that particular issue.

However, you can do anything you want.

I accepted a long time ago that hackintoshes can never be perfect. If it functions fine, don't worry about it.

Ignore this please, the problem was that I had graphicsenabler set to No.
Not sure why it would work with dvi with graphics enabler set to no, but it works now.

I have this same build and everything works great when I'm plugged in via a dvi cord.
But when I try to boot with an hdmi cable plugged in it will not boot.

It hangs in the same place it does when I was trying to use a vga cable.
Right after bluetooth and HDA are finished loading.

Do you know what my problem might be?
My bios is configured correctly and I have added 1080p mode in multibeast.

Hi gbkbrant,

thanks for your message and your edit with the fix. Do you have IGPEnabler set to yes? Perhaps you can post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Because IGPEnabler should be one of the standard bootflags and according to the article about the new bootflags:

IGPEnabler enables Intel HD Graphics regardless of GraphicsEnabler configuration

So basically your graphicsenabler setting should not matter.

Hi gbkbrant,

thanks for your message and your edit with the fix. Do you have IGPEnabler set to yes? Perhaps you can post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Because IGPEnabler should be one of the standard bootflags and according to the article about the new bootflags:

So basically your graphicsenabler setting should not matter.

IGPEnabler is set to yes. I can post my chameleon.boot.plist later tonight.

I'm not sure why having GraphicsEnabler set to no wouldn't let my system boot with hdmi connected,
but the problem is fixed now so all is well.

My only problem now is overclocking.
When I overclock in the bios, I get a memory allocation error upon boot.
I read something about switching off EIST in the bios.
Have not had a chance to try this yet.

I'm not sure what method you are using for overclocking, but I tried the global "+20%" and "+"40%" options in the bios and the "+20%" is working without the memory error. Also pushing your turbo multipliers up to 44,44,44,43 will work without changing anything else (like voltages and so on). But regarding overclocking I don't have much experience so this is everything I've done so far.

@baza: Thanks very much for your update! What exactly are your audio problems. My audiojack in the front and in the rear work perfectly. But I did not try any 6.1 features or something like that.
And about the wireless adapter. I bought the one from the buyer's Guide and it works natively. So if I were you and needed wifi I would think of buying that one (and giving back the other one if possible). This will probably save you lots of time :D

When I connect my headphones to the motherboard jack (green), the music doesn't "flow", it's choppy. And when I connect it to the case front, the sound is clear. But the jack needs a special touch to get sound.
Also, If I remove the jack from the front, the sound icon in OSX top bar is always moving up and down.

Now, about the wi-fi card, sadly this was the only PCI card available, all the rest is USB Wi-Fi.
I'm trying to solve this out, but not luck. If I boot without "cpus=1", the computer freezes after a few minutes or when I open the browser.

EDIT:
I exchange the wi-fi card (TP-WN751ND) for this USB D-Link DWA-140 rev B3 (chip RT5372).
I used
Bearextender to install the drivers and everything is working fine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back