Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

Wonder if you could help at all my spec is the same as DASD'f build in this topics heading although I am unable to boot into OSX anymore.

using different boot flags I managed to install Mavericks onto my SSD but am unable to boot back into my usb drive in order to run Multibeast and make it bootable on my SSD.

the original install took a while to boot into infact I was about to shutdown the system and reboot before the screen turned Grey and the installer started. So I have been leaving good time before giving up on each run.

I have not (stupidly) logged what boot flags I used to get into the installer originaly but I'm pretty sure this evening alone I have covered almost all combinations of -v/-x/-f GraphicsEnabler/Iplatform etc. i have also reformatted my boot drive and re-installed unibeast. Strangely "mavericks" was still showing even though the hdd had been formatted...perhaps I should try again! Infact I'm going to now.

I seem to be moving backwards now after a few sleepless nights so iv given up thread hunting and be stubborn in thinking I can solve this alone so thought id ask for help!

here is the screenshot of frustration.

MAvericks..jpg

I have followed and DASDF's tutorial, and SquadSevens and have no luck apart from the original install. The boot is always usually cutting out at this point, or sometimes getting a little further and giving an error message relating to a missing bluetooth plugin or something similar.

I am sure I'm missing something obvious... and apologies if I have!!

Hope you guys can help!

**EDIT**
Hello again I managed to get into Multibeast this time around using ... -x -v GraphicsEnabler=yes

PCIRootUID=1 following Shorts reply in this thread.

Although I am now getting the boot error which I will now try and figure out! Thanks!

Hi Hilly,

this sounds very weird. If you have the same hardware I would be quite sure you have some problems with your bios settings. Because there is no reason why your hardware should behave differently...
But anyway, the picture you provided suggests that the boot process stops when trying to access your graphics card kext. So using -x for booting into safe mode is the right thing to do!

Post your progress!

Hey guys !

Great news for me : Pro Tools announce compatibility with Maverick. So I was very enthousiast to upgrade my OS but then I remember my graphic card was not natively working with Mountain Lion...

Where can I find nVidia Drivers for the GTX 660 for Maverick ? It seems that even the quadro drivers stop at the 10.8.5 version of Mountain Lion.... Have I got to buy another GPU ?

Yes, but only ProTools 11! If you need PT10 still it is not officially supported. But it works though... :)

Yeah I'm about to buy one Academic licence, and will use the PT11 if I can :)
Do you have any idea of how make my GPU works on maverick ?

Thanks !

As far as I know there are no mavericks nvidia drivers until now. So either the 10.8.5 drivers will work (just give it a try with having a backup for safety) or you will have to wait...

As far as I know there are no mavericks nvidia drivers until now. So either the 10.8.5 drivers will work (just give it a try with having a backup for safety) or you will have to wait...

Well well well... I tried and guess what, everything works like a charm ! Nvidia tells me that the current system is not supported, and so will use os x default drivers (which he was using all along before).

I think if I started from scratch it wouldn't be able to work, because I remember that I had to install this non-working web drivers to make my GPU work. Lucky me I used Mountain Lion first !

And, WOW, starting and turning off are about more than twice faster, it's amazing.

Cheers guys :)

I tried with hd4600 and dual monitors, but only one on 1920 since the second monitor does not support such high resolutions...
But with those two everything worked wonderfull!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back