Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
and EFI graphics config for HD630?

and EFI graphics config for HD630?

I think I had this setup.

You are using Intel graphics, right? Have you turned on "internal graphics" (not sure what it's called) in the BIOS? Also, set the minimum amount of RAM allocated to graphics to 128 MB. Also, CSM should be off (might be as per default).

Otherwise, your BIOS settings look good to me. If the graphics settings are not the issue, I would consider trying the installation with another hard drive. What drive are you using?

Sorry I forgot to mention that those settings were already done. Internal Graphics and 128MB for allocation. CSM is also off.

It is better to disable XMP detection in the BIOS and enable it in Clover. This way, you won't get "USB eject" messages after wake from sleep.

Which Clover setting is it?
Let me create the USB and upload the EFI.

Thank you @fontanero for your help so far :)

Hello, I don't know what to tell you, with the EFI clean and should install.....:crazy:

Have you tried a different USB Stick? Also make sure to use a USB 2.0 stick, rather than a 3.0 one. The latter might cause problems. (If you only have 3.0 sticks, use an extension cable that converts it down to 2.0)

Yep i made sure it was a USB 2.0. Ran into the USB 3.0 issue already :lol:

Also made sure that I partitioned the USB to 16 GB.

I'll have to find another USB stick. Don't have a 2.0 Hub or another 2.0 USB that's > 4 GB haha.

The kernel panic messages you posted indicated an IO (input - output) problem. Maybe it's as simple as swapping the stick.

Also, before you enable XMP in Clover, try running the RAM at 2133 once to see if anything changes. RAM issues can also lead to IO issues.

Forced RAM to 2133. No changes.
Did a memtest no issues as well.

Ordered the ram set below for testing:
Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 3000 MT/s (PC4-24000) CL16 DR x8 DIMM 288-Pin Memory - BLS2K16G4D30BESB (Gray)

Update:
Different RAM made no difference. Still ran into same Panic Error while trying to load the first Install macOS from Clover

Last edited:
Very strange, your case... I'm currently on BIOS version F5 - maybe downdating to F5 will make a difference?

If your machine works well under Windows (you mentioned a RAM test, so I assume you've got it installed), then I really don't know what the error could be.

Sorry to clarify, I had done the mem test via usb.
I had tried booting using a Windows 7 boot, but as soon as the install screen came up, it froze or the keyboard/mouse stopped working.

I'll try going to F5.

Now you see the light then, it's hardware problem.

This specific configuration is very tested and works very well, it was strange that neither the installer

If windows does not install... does not install anything :thumbup:

Now you see the light then, it's hardware problem.

This specific configuration is very tested and works very well, it was strange that neither the installer

If windows does not install... does not install anything :thumbup:

I'm not sure what happened with the windows installer as i didn't extensively test with the different USB ports or BIOS configurations. My only wonder would be which hardware piece is faulty?

I can think of two things, try a live linux usb to see if it works or try Hiren's boot usb and run the built-in hardware tests.

Board and processor depends on the failure is very difficult to find, power supply with microcuts...

I can't think of anything else to tell you...

USB 3.0 and external ssd/hdd is problematic. Try to install USB 2.0 for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back