Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for attach your efi folder.
I see that in config.plist/devices . - properties you use 2 lines that isn't in the initial description. I don't know if they are important, but maybe should be mencioned in the guide.

(excuse me for my english ;).
I'll try with your efi folder and i'll write you

Thanks

I know which ones you are talking about, and I know for sure one of those is for the Vega64 functionality and the other is for headless iGPU. However I do not know if it is strictly necessary to have the Vega64 stuff since now it is natively supported in 10.14.5. Maybe @psedog could help explain or link to the explanation about the device properties there, they are all copied from his config.plist. I would imagine that information does appear somewhere in his thread.

I do plan to make some more revisions to the guide because there are a few minor issues such as the one you mentioned, and as well I am working through getting the GC Titan Ridge card incorporated with hot pluggable Thunderbolt 3 into it as an option.

I just did a huge update on it a few days ago, so thanks for the patience and allowing me to get it finely tuned for 10.14.5!

Hi, blouse! Thanks to your tutorial. I successfully built my Hackintosh. Thank you so much. I was just wondering if it was possible to actually link that FayTun adapter to the Wi-Fi interface on macOS through terminal commands (perhaps?). My computer is lacking location services which rely on the Wi-Fi interface... BTW, I've got exactly the same adapter already running with the drivers you provided.

@Guizola thanks I'm glad the guide was helpful for you!

I could be wrong about this because I usually disable location services, but I currently have the FayTun uninstalled as I plug in straight through ethernet. I have no WiFi on the computer at all, and I am able to enable location services in system preferences. Maybe that is useful info. I haven't looked into that stuff much at all.

Thank you for your response. As an additional research did here on tonymac86, some people where having the same issue without a proper solution. At this point, some features of my macOS are having location services, some are not. And it is not a matter of enabling location data in system preferences, as everything is set to "enable". Cheers on your build again and the nice tutorial following it.

Thank you for attach your efi folder.
I see that in config.plist/devices . - properties you use 2 lines that isn't in the initial description. I don't know if they are important, but maybe should be mencioned in the guide.

(excuse me for my english ;).
I'll try with your efi folder and i'll write you

Thanks
0x1 if for the Vega64. I have overclocked it a little bit as well.
0x2 is for the onboard graphics to assign the HDMI port. Mine worked for a while with a second monitor. Then I left for a week and when I came back it no longer worked. Nots sure if my kids did something, but I haven't spent a bunch of time troubleshooting it. Like I said, it worked before so I wasn't going to change what I had posted here on the forum.

Thank you for your response. As an additional research did here on tonymac86, some people where having the same issue without a proper solution. At this point, some features of my macOS are having location services, some are not. And it is not a matter of enabling location data in system preferences, as everything is set to "enable". Cheers on your build again and the nice tutorial following it.
Is this what you're talking about?
I just (as in right now) enabled it under Settings--> iCloud--> Find My Mac.
Then enable Location Services under Security & Privacy--> Privacy--> Location Sercices--> Click the selection box for Enable Location Services.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190714-225855_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190714-225855_Chrome.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
@konakan I just updated the guide with directions on how to add the properties section. It should be pretty straightforward.

Some overall big updates to the guide as well, including my own SSDT that matches the case (or any case that just has two front USB ports and no USB-C port)

Updates to come on Thunderbolt 3 w/ Gigabyte Titan Ridge card. I have it working well right now but it's a little too early for me to call it good-to-go. It also comes with the caveat of using only one internal Vega64. This may be a dealbreaker for some because in order to run two you would also need to purchase an eGPU enclosure.

Last edited:
Having issues getting TB3 working with headless iGPU. It seems I can only get one or the other, otherwise the dreaded runtime error if I have iGPU Enabled w/ the GC Titan Ridge card plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back