Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
This install appears to use the GPU's in an entirely different way. Nothing I have found yet uses them for UI, when before it seemed to fight for dominance with the iGPU. This is probably why it seems less laggy than it did before.

This is great. :)

Shutdown and Sleep are both working as well.

A drop in replacement using @MESwan's SSDT for Aorus Pro (non WiFi) posted earlier on page 15 and all USB ports are now working, along with everything else.

Great work everyone. Everything works running 10.14.5.

A drop in replacement using @MESwan's SSDT for Aorus Pro (non WiFi) posted earlier on page
His says excluded all unused ports. I think he may be talking about no front USB ports. I have all of mine connected. All of the rear ones except 1 is 3.0 only (2.0 ports are of course enabled as 2.0). Front ones I have enabled for everything (total 8 of the 15 reservations). This is probably why you were having issues with them. I have both my front and rear USB-C ports enabled as well (The front one takes up 3! of the 15 slots by itself).

If you want to tweak it for your own use case, I would use hackintool. Makes it a breeze!
My guide here

Hey @psedog, thanks for chiming in. I checked things out with hackintool and my port needs line up exactly with MESwan's descriptions. The only difference for me is HS11... I do not have an internal hub parked there. For now I will continue to leave HS11 enabled and use his SSDT... then if I want to add an internal hub later, it is plug & play.

I have tested all of the ports (including the two USB3's on the front of the case) with his SSDT and confirmed that everything is getting USB3 when applicable (everywhere except for the 4port 2.0 hub at HS13, that is restricted to 2.0). Also, no kext needed. Great work, and thank you again @MESwan.

Just did a massive update to the original post. A big huge thanks to all of the members who helped!

That thought did cross my mind too, haha. Thanks again for the help!

This machine is purring right now :) As a chronic tinkerer, it's almost weird that there's nothing left to do except use it.

Well I found something to do...

I had that GC Titan Ridge card laying dormant, so I decided to pull one of the Vega's out and try installing that again. This time I was successful. So now I have one internal Vega64, two TB3 ports, and the option to run external GPUs if I need it. I was kinda thinking about how much I would actually use 2 GPUs and it was pretty rarely. This is nice too because it frees up another PCIe slot.

@blouse,
Many thanks!!!
Please, can you attach your EFI folder? I'm using the same config like you but I'm having problems. The system aren't stable and reboot when arrive to desktop (immediately or in 1 minute).
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back