Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blouse,
Many thanks!!!
Please, can you attach your EFI folder? I'm using the same config like you but I'm having problems. The system aren't stable and reboot when arrive to desktop (immediately or in 1 minute).
Regards
I believe he's using my EFI folder. You can get it in my thread here

@blouse,

Many thanks!!!

Please, can you attach your EFI folder? I'm using the same config like you but I'm having problems. The system aren't stable and reboot when arrive to desktop (immediately or in 1 minute).

Regards

You are welcome! Attached.

Note: I can only guarantee this EFI to work for the following configuration:
• Aorus Pro Z390 (non-WiFi) w/ BIOS versF6 + settings that match the guide in post #1
• Mojave 10.14.5 + Windows 10 dual boot
• Vega64 or other native (AMD) GPU
• Case with two front USB3 type A ports (connected to HS09 & HS10)
• Internal hub attached to HS11 (or HS11 left disconnected)
Thunderbolt3 Titan Ridge option:
This EFI also contains the necessary SSDTs for the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 add in card in PCI slot four with only one Vega 64 GPU instead of two. The THB_C connection must be made, with the USB portion of the AIC connected to HS11. After enabling Thunderbolt in BIOS -> Peripherals and running the Gigabyte driver installer through windows, the computer must be warm booted back into BIOS with the following change:​
-> Peripherals -> Thunderbolt -> Thunderbolt Boot Support : Boot once
Once this takes effect, hot swappable TB3 will be active in OS X.​

Why you disabled Multi Core Enhancement?

Earlier on in the build I was trying to enable HWP (which is OSX's native software support of Intel Turboboost). I remember determining that Multi Core Enhancement is some kind of a brutalist / entry level all-core overclock, but more than anything it got in the way of HWP support which I wanted for maximum stability and performance with OSX.

I believe he's using my EFI folder. You can get it in my thread here

Pretty much exactly the same, with a few tweaks:
• Changes for dual booting OSX + W10
@MESwan's USB SSDT
@CaseySJ's GC Titan Ridge SSDT
• Upgraded to latest Clover

** By the way, the guide in post 1 has been updated to reflect all of these changes along with how to build the EFI from scratch.

Attachments

• EFI_20190712.zip
    29.1 MB · Views: 104
Hold up a tick, I just got some new USB3 drives in the mail and now confirming that I was incorrectly reporting USB3 working with MESwan's SSDT. @psedog's is back in my EFI for now, but I think I have to make a port change because one of my front case USB3's is only getting USB2.

Regards,

I installed macOS Mojave in my Hackintosh. But, after the Post installation of MultiBeast, it does not want to start, and it sets the forbidden symbol. When I try to do it in safe mode, it tells me "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform".

I need help to start my hackintosh please ...

Hello there @kf0489, I don't use MultiBeast during install so I can't really help you there... But you are welcome to follow along with the guide in this thread to create a working EFI for the Aorus Pro.

From my experience, the forbidden symbol has usually meant an incorrect driver in EFI/drivers64UEFI/ or an improperly functioning EFI in general. Sometimes I also have to reset the CMOS on the motherboard if I am swapping a lot of PCI stuff.

By the way, I made a new SSDT with working USB3 across all ports.

USB2 is disabled on SS05, SS06, SS07, SS08

AorusZ390Port.png.227503cb405ad08ef4638c287e9ca7f5.png

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 75
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    693 bytes · Views: 85
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 76
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 87
You are welcome! Attached.

Note: I can only guarantee this EFI to work for the following configuration:
• Aorus Pro Z390 (non-WiFi) w/ BIOS versF6 + settings that match the guide in post #1
• Mojave 10.14.5 + Windows 10 dual boot
• Vega64 or other native (AMD) GPU
• Case with two front USB3 type A ports (connected to HS09 & HS10)
• Internal hub attached to HS11 (or HS11 left disconnected)
Thunderbolt3 Titan Ridge option:
This EFI also contains the necessary SSDTs for the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 add in card in PCI slot four with only one Vega 64 GPU instead of two. The THB_C connection must be made, with the USB portion of the AIC connected to HS11. After enabling Thunderbolt in BIOS -> Peripherals and running the Gigabyte driver installer through windows, the computer must be warm booted back into BIOS with the following change:​
-> Peripherals -> Thunderbolt -> Thunderbolt Boot Support : Boot once
Once this takes effect, hot swappable TB3 will be active in OS X.​

Earlier on in the build I was trying to enable HWP (which is OSX's native software support of Intel Turboboost). I remember determining that Multi Core Enhancement is some kind of a brutalist / entry level all-core overclock, but more than anything it got in the way of HWP support which I wanted for maximum stability and performance with OSX.

Pretty much exactly the same, with a few tweaks:
• Changes for dual booting OSX + W10
@MESwan's USB SSDT
@CaseySJ's GC Titan Ridge SSDT
• Upgraded to latest Clover

** By the way, the guide in post 1 has been updated to reflect all of these changes along with how to build the EFI from scratch.
Thank you for attach your efi folder.
I see that in config.plist/devices . - properties you use 2 lines that isn't in the initial description. I don't know if they are important, but maybe should be mencioned in the guide.

(excuse me for my english ;).
I'll try with your efi folder and i'll write you

Thanks

By the way, I made a new SSDT with working USB3 across all ports.

USB2 is disabled on SS05, SS06, SS07, SS08

View attachment 416089

Was hackintool used for SSDT creation if yes can you make a video on how to go about it as I can't make my usb C port to work on my z170 motherboard

Was hackintool used for SSDT creation if yes can you make a video on how to go about it as I can't make my usb C port to work on my z170 motherboard
You need use either the guide of Rehabman:
either:
the utility Hackintool (go to usb section* info)
;)

It's not difficult and I wrote a tutorial
Link to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back