Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] blouse's "Hack Pro" :: i9-9900K + Z390 Aorus Pro + Vega 64 + TB3 + USB3 :: 100% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
my system is becoming more and more unstable :( now at least 3 times a day I get:

1. a random reboot
2. both my screen just turn white
3. both my screens turn off and all my fans go to 100% until I restart the machine

does ANYONE know how I can debug this? I really need help.

my system is becoming more and more unstable :( now at least 3 times a day I get:

1. a random reboot
2. both my screen just turn white
3. both my screens turn off and all my fans go to 100% until I restart the machine

does ANYONE know how I can debug this? I really need help.
Are you running an OC? It could be RAM also. I had random restarts and tried bunch of stuff, and in the end it had to do with my ram not being able to be OCed / can't use XMP on RAM for me because it caused crashes.

Are you running an OC? It could be RAM also. I had random restarts and tried bunch of stuff, and in the end it had to do with my ram not being able to be OCed / can't use XMP on RAM for me because it caused crashes.
Good suggestion. I will try running for a few days / week with no OC and no XMP, and I'll see if I crash.

Hey guys,

I am struggling to read through such a long thread and since things always change with updates and such I have a couple questions that I can't seem to find what page the answer would be on.

1. Is the dual Vega's working in the latest OS wit iGPU enabled? (I need quick sync so this is essential).

2. Any patching needed on latest OS to utilize both GPUs?

Hello folks. Sorry for the hiatus. Doing a new install with the latest 10.14.5 from scratch and I will be updating my guide to match. For starters I will be trying the graciously shared steps in @psedog's post as well as a few others. Very excited to hear that 10.14.5 natively supports the Vega64. I will see how things go and report back shortly.

I'm guessing I'll probably have a few issues anyway so stay tuned. Thanks again for reading.

Hello folks. Sorry for the hiatus. Doing a new install with the latest 10.14.5 from scratch and I will be updating my guide to match. For starters I will be trying the graciously shared steps in @psedog's post as well as a few others. Very excited to hear that 10.14.5 natively supports the Vega64. I will see how things go and report back shortly.

I'm guessing I'll probably have a few issues anyway so stay tuned. Thanks again for reading.
Nice man! Any chance you could answer my question above? Just really curious if the Vegas work in conjunction with the iGPU since I need quick sync for h264 encoding. I have one Vega 64 and am considering adding a second.

They sure do. Just need to make sure than internal graphics is set to Enabled on the motherboard, as well as have your config.plist set properly. That was with 10.14.2, though. I'll have to report back if I can get it working with 10.14.5.

Sweet! I appreciate the response! And yep, I've got quick sync working great on my hack currently.

@MattRobertson

Straight out of the box using @psedog's EFI. :clap:

Thanks @psedog, your EFI is working great up front it seems. Some of my USB ports do not work, and I have yet to try Shutdown/Sleep. However it's super smooth in the OS, even moreso than before. I'm going to do some experimentation to try to figure out why only some of the ports are working. This seems super successful so far for 10.14.5.

Thanks again.

EDIT: For reference, reposting @psedog's thread link containing his working EFI:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back