Contribute
Register

[Success] Big Sur 11.6.2 on Dell Latitude 3410, Intel i5 10210U (Comet Lake)

Hi, I tried to update my EFI and now in the boot menu when I select my disk it returns me to the same menu.
Can someone help me to fix this please.

Hi, I tried to update my EFI and now in the boot menu when I select my disk it returns me to the same menu.
Can someone help me to fix this
try to boot using your usb installation flash then mount your internal efi drive and replace the efi folder (if you find it there) with the efi folder from the usb flash, then start over your update.

Hi, I have some Success config.plist for who needs external monitors, well I have 3 deferent results but unfortunately none of them is totally perfect if someone can help to make it perfect that will be nice :)

1 - I manage to get internal monitor , HDMI 1080P 60hz and usb-c to DP 4k 60hz working, But I have to boot first without any one connected then connect first 4k then but computer to sleep to make it work (this what Esteban 1982s shares the last and I change the busID of con1 to 1 instate of 5 to make hdmi to work) wakeup then connect the hdmi and no need to sleep again then all 3 monitors will work.

2 - I manage to get 3 monitors working without disconnect any cables or put to sleep, But I can't get more than 30hz for the 4k monitor. (I had to change con3 type to anything except dp or hdmi to make it work)

3 - I manage to get 4k 60hz and HDMI 1080P 60hz without disconnecting cables or put to sleep But the internal monitor Black :( .

I will share the 3 config.plist files for any one need help or want help to make it perfect.

ps. generate serial if you will use them.

Thank you for fixing the HDMI port!
I think the three screens with sleep might be the best option for this laptop.

Also, 4k60Hz through USBC to DP stills a bit sloppy, specially in animations and video playing. I was hoping I could increase DVMT pre allocated memory to solve this, but BIOS for this laptop is locked in 64MB.

Could it be possible to set the framebuffer in the config.plist file to override this and set the DVMT to 128MB?
Which values should I put for 'framebuffer-stolenmem' and 'framebuffer-fbmem'?

I have a Dell Latitude 3410 and used the exact last efi posted here, created ssid, serials etc... everything SEEMS to be working fine, but when I try to run programs like Logic Pro it gets real slow... idk...

I have a Dell Latitude 3410 and used the exact last efi posted here, created ssid, serials etc... everything SEEMS to be working fine, but when I try to run programs like Logic Pro it gets real slow... idk...
I am using Big Sur 11.6.8

Thanks, it works!

I'm using Latitude 3410 with i3 10110U

Iv
View attachment 539742

LAPTOP SPECS:
  • Brand: Dell
  • Model: Latitude 3410
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 10210U (Comet Lake)
  • Graphics: Intel UHD 620
  • Screen resolution: 1920x1080px (FHD)
  • WiFi / Bluetooth: Intel WiFi 6 AX 201
  • Storage: NVME WD Blue 550 1TB + SSD Kingston A400 480GB
  • LAN: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCIe
  • Audio: Realtek ALC236
  • Trackpad: Synaptics PS2/I2C (VEN_DLL&DEV_09EC, ID: PNP0F13)
OPENCORE VERSION: 0.7.7

SMBIOS: MacBook Pro 16,2

WHAT IS WORKING:
  • Intel UHD 620 Graphics (device-id: A53E0000).
  • HDMI port (video, audio, FHD/QHD 60Hz, 4k 30Hz).
  • WiFi (airportitlwm.kext, native network management, partial continuity support).
  • Bluetooth (intelbluetoothinjector.kext, intelbluetoothfirmware.kext).
  • Keyboard (voodoops2controller.kext).
  • Trackpad with full gestures (voodoops2controller.kext, voodooi2c, voodooi2hid).
  • LAN (realtekrtl8111.kext).
  • Audio (applealc.kext, layout-id: 15).
  • Webcam (no mic).
  • USB ports (patched usbmap.kext).
  • Native brightness control.
  • Latin-american keyboard layout can be configured using neosergio/Latam-Keyboard.
  • Dual boot (macOS BigSur installed on NVME drive, Windows 11 installed on SSD drive).
WHAT IS NOT WORKING:
  • Mic and sound input: this just won't work. Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) is not supported on Mac. There's no patch/kext, and it seems it's not gonna be one available in the future. Workaround: bluetooth or USB mic.
  • Battery drains faster than using Windows (this model specifically has a small battery to give some space for the SSD drive).
NOT TESTED:
  • DisplayPort through USB-C (it should support 4k/60Hz). If somebody test this, please let me know.
BIOS CONFIGURATION:
  • Disabled secure boot, secure cards.
  • Disabled VT.
  • Enabled AHCI.
EXTRAS:
  • Don't forget to fill/change the system serial number and the system UUID in the config.plist file.
  • Don't change kexts order on kernel list, otherwise system won't boot (issue related to voodoops2controller and voodooi2c).
  • Don't turn on TRIM while using APFS.
  • You can disable NVME or SATA ports from BIOS to install Windows without removing the macOS drive during the process.
ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE WELCOME :)ive got a Dell Vostro 5590,

View attachment 539742

LAPTOP SPECS:
  • Brand: Dell
  • Model: Latitude 3410
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 10210U (Comet Lake)
  • Graphics: Intel UHD 620
  • Screen resolution: 1920x1080px (FHD)
  • WiFi / Bluetooth: Intel WiFi 6 AX 201
  • Storage: NVME WD Blue 550 1TB + SSD Kingston A400 480GB
  • LAN: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCIe
  • Audio: Realtek ALC236
  • Trackpad: Synaptics PS2/I2C (VEN_DLL&DEV_09EC, ID: PNP0F13)
OPENCORE VERSION: 0.7.7

SMBIOS: MacBook Pro 16,2

WHAT IS WORKING:
  • Intel UHD 620 Graphics (device-id: A53E0000).
  • HDMI port (video, audio, FHD/QHD 60Hz, 4k 30Hz).
  • WiFi (airportitlwm.kext, native network management, partial continuity support).
  • Bluetooth (intelbluetoothinjector.kext, intelbluetoothfirmware.kext).
  • Keyboard (voodoops2controller.kext).
  • Trackpad with full gestures (voodoops2controller.kext, voodooi2c, voodooi2hid).
  • LAN (realtekrtl8111.kext).
  • Audio (applealc.kext, layout-id: 15).
  • Webcam (no mic).
  • USB ports (patched usbmap.kext).
  • Native brightness control.
  • Latin-american keyboard layout can be configured using neosergio/Latam-Keyboard.
  • Dual boot (macOS BigSur installed on NVME drive, Windows 11 installed on SSD drive).
WHAT IS NOT WORKING:
  • Mic and sound input: this just won't work. Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) is not supported on Mac. There's no patch/kext, and it seems it's not gonna be one available in the future. Workaround: bluetooth or USB mic.
  • Battery drains faster than using Windows (this model specifically has a small battery to give some space for the SSD drive).
NOT TESTED:
  • DisplayPort through USB-C (it should support 4k/60Hz). If somebody test this, please let me know.
BIOS CONFIGURATION:
  • Disabled secure boot, secure cards.
  • Disabled VT.
  • Enabled AHCI.
EXTRAS:
  • Don't forget to fill/change the system serial number and the system UUID in the config.plist file.
  • Don't change kexts order on kernel list, otherwise system won't boot (issue related to voodoops2controller and voodooi2c).
  • Don't turn on TRIM while using APFS.
  • You can disable NVME or SATA ports from BIOS to install Windows without removing the macOS drive during the process.
ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS WILL BE WELCOME :)
I've got a Dell vostro 5590
Same cpu,
Tried copying your DEVICE ID and I'm still having no luck,

Moved your entire EFi, now opencore picker lacks GUI and it's taking 4mins to boot into Mac, thou the graphics now show HD CFL CRB 2048MB, is there anyway to fix this? The boot time?

Hi. Does anyone know how to enable webcam? Mine's not detected (No video capture devices were found)

sorry OOT. anyone have tried installing Sonoma (final version)?

sorry OOT. anyone have tried installing Sonoma (final version)?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Back