Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Hey, Petro! Yet again thanks for keeping this thread alive! I finally got myself WD SN750 NVME ssd and thinking to do a fresh install of Ventura 13.6.

I was wondering whether I can skip all this learning with Open Core by just pasting my serial/mlb etc and use your EFI. Since I'm still using Clover and Big Sur 11.6. Our config is basically the same except the GPU, so i suppose in my case I'd only need to add "agdpmod=pikera" and use my usbport.kext that I made earlier for Big Sur?

Also, what do you use for config.plist editing? I find OCAT is very user friendly and I've heard that Open Core Configurator isn't the best one to use these days.
hey, Serg1892
I use open core configurator, I make the changes and click save and it works perfectly and is very simple to use.
Copy my efi folder and add your Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID.
disable vega kext. Today I'm not with my hack, and I can't do it myself.
This is my efi updated to the latest version

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 16
To disable a kext you have to click with the mouse on the enable box in the kext vega56
If you do not have the DW1560 wifi card, disable the broadcom kexts.
In the other image it is to put the serial number in the boxes where I have written xxxx

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-10-07 a las 19.47.55.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-10-07 a las 19.47.55.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • Captura de pantalla 2023-10-07 a las 19.56.22.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-10-07 a las 19.56.22.png
    981.1 KB · Views: 16
@petro I've tried and failed miserably =(

So I've taken your EFI copied my Serial, MLB etc to the tab "Data Hub - Generic - Platform NVRAM", interesting that "SMBIOS" tab is completely empty...

I've physically deleted all these kexts and disabled them in OC configurator too(weird that they still remain listed):
AirportBrcmFixup
BlueToolFixup
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmPatchRAM3
VegaTab_56

Since I'm using BCM94360CS2 Wireless adapter which should be natively supported by Ventura(googled it),
and added "agdpmod=pikera" to bootargs, since I believe that's a right thing to do with 6800xt.

When I tried to boot with this EFI i had a message "oc grabbed zero system-id for sb this is not allowed"

I've read some people adviced to turn on the Secure Boot, which I did and received Secure Boot Violation message.

try this efi, I added "agdpmod=pikera" to bootargs
@petro I've tried and failed miserably =(

So I've taken your EFI copied my Serial, MLB etc to the tab "Data Hub - Generic - Platform NVRAM", interesting that "SMBIOS" tab is completely empty...

I've physically deleted all these kexts and disabled them in OC configurator too(weird that they still remain listed):
AirportBrcmFixup
BlueToolFixup
BrcmFirmwareData
BrcmPatchRAM3
VegaTab_56

Since I'm using BCM94360CS2 Wireless adapter which should be natively supported by Ventura(googled it),
and added "agdpmod=pikera" to bootargs, since I believe that's a right thing to do with 6800xt.

When I tried to boot with this EFI i had a message "oc grabbed zero system-id for sb this is not allowed"

I've read some people adviced to turn on the Secure Boot, which I did and received Secure Boot Violation message.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 14
try this efi, I added "agdpmod=pikera" to bootargs
Well I did it earlier too, it's just I've added it after "alcid=11 keepsyms=1 darkwake=2", and now I see you only left it.

Anyway I've pasted my Serial,MLB, smUUID and it still returns with the same error "oc grabbed zero system-id for sb this is not allowed". I wonder maybe it's my fault pasting correct info, but I've read on Dortania's guide for people who migrates from Clover to OC: MLB in OC means Board Serial Number(In Clover Configurator), so I always copying it, maybe MLB is something different?

Click on the box where I have drawn a circle and choose imac19,1.
It will automatically give you generic serial numbers.

You can also click on the boxes that say "generate" to add generic serial numbers
Captura de pantalla 2023-10-08 a las 10.49.24.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2023-10-08 a las 10.49.07.png

the rom box is left unfilled, press the generate button

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-08 a las 11.01.45.png

try this efi

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 18
@petro! Thanks again for your assistance! But I went with remote assistance and the dude helped me to resolve all the issues(he basically made an entire EFI for me), I will be testing my new EFI for a few days and then will share it here as well!

Mac OS X 14.1.1
open core 0.9.6
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
F13BIOS
Broadcom DW1560 BCM94352Z
MSI AIRBOOS RX VEGA 56

Paste in MLB, Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID.

wifi doesn't work.....

sonoma.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 9
Back