Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Mac OS X 14.1.1
open core 0.9.6
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
F13BIOS
Broadcom DW1560 BCM94352Z
MSI AIRBOOS RX VEGA 56

Paste in MLB, Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID.

wifi doesn't work.....
Our Broadcom WiFi modules are no longer supported in Sonoma. There is a workaround using OCLP (OpenCore Legacy Patcher) that may or may not work. I have had mixed results with it.

Instructions for OCLP patch:

Our Broadcom WiFi modules are no longer supported in Sonoma. There is a workaround using OCLP (OpenCore Legacy Patcher) that may or may not work. I have had mixed results with it.

Instructions for OCLP patch:
It's a lot of work just for the wifi.
I'm next to the router, so I can live without WiFi.
thank you.

I tried the upgrade without success in making my broadcom card work, and thus have decided that Sonoma is not worth that hassle and reinstalled Ventura. Super happy with all features I need working as expected.

I've been following along on this forever as I have a very similar build

Q though -- If one is on Monterey (with plans to stay here), should I keep updating OpenCore or just leave it where I'm at?

I'm on 0.7.5

Does it risk breaking things to stay on older macOS versions but keep updating OpenCore?

Or is it best practice to keep OC updated as it keeps getting "better" or "even more native"?

Q though -- If one is on Monterey (with plans to stay here), should I keep updating OpenCore or just leave it where I'm at?

I'm on 0.7.5

Does it risk breaking things to stay on older macOS versions but keep updating OpenCore?

Or is it best practice to keep OC updated as it keeps getting "better" or "even more native"?
Don't fix something that is not broken

but no harm in keeping up to date with opencore

Don't fix something that is not broken

but no harm in keeping up to date with opencore

Should I take that to mean that new/latest OC versions don't do anything that breaks functionality or causes issues with older macOS versions?

(that would be my main concern of course - just not sure how OC thinks about previous macOS versions as it relates to new OC versions)

Should I take that to mean that new/latest OC versions don't do anything that breaks functionality or causes issues with older macOS versions?

(that would be my main concern of course - just not sure how OC thinks about previous macOS versions as it relates to new OC versions)
should be fine, you only really need to update if you plan on updating your macOS version

or if a later version of opencore fixes any issues you are currently having

I'm on 0.7.5

updating open core is very easy
I have a USB with an efi partition and I create the new opencore in it by copying the one I have on the hard drive and dragging the opencore and kext files into it, then when booting into bios I tell it to boot from the efi partition of the usb.
If it works well for a while, I transfer the efi folder from the USB to the hard drive.

You are in Monterrey, you can go to Ventura or Sonoma

You are in Monterrey, you can go to Ventura or Sonoma

I'm on Monterey by choice honestly
Ventura was fine for a bit, but Sonoma broke my native wifi/bt so I'm avoiding that for now

I'm on Monterey by choice honestly
Ventura was fine for a bit, but Sonoma broke my native wifi/bt so I'm avoiding that for now
A lot of peeps have realised that Sonoma is not all that! :) and have gone back to Ventura/Monterey :)

Back