Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

After a little deeper digging, I found out that the Z370N has two different ethernet controllers: 1 x Intel I211AT Gigabit Ethernet
and 1 x Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet. See the table at https://www.kitguru.net/components/motherboard/ryan-martin/gigabyte-z370n-wifi-motherboard-review/ and the second figure at https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8484/gigabyte-z370n-wifi-intel-z370-motherboard-review/index4.html.

It looks like IntelMausiEthernet.kext provides support for the I219V chip, but not for the I211AT one which appears to be an older one. I am still looking for the appropriate kext for the I211 chip, and I'll report back if I find one.

I can confirm, that the second LAN port (I211AT) works with SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext. Will update my main post. Thanks!

I can confirm, that the second LAN port (I211AT) works with SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext. Will update my main post. Thanks!
It again failed. As said earlier my High Sierra works perfectly so have all the required Kexts are there, have taken a video of the verbose screen but cannot upload it as .mov file not allowed but the error was related to APFS, when updating clover Bootloader should I also include FileVault efi drivers? By the way it is clover 2.4 7400

It again failed. As said earlier my High Sierra works perfectly so have all the required Kexts are there, have taken a video of the verbose screen but cannot upload it as .mov file not allowed but the error was related to APFS, when updating clover Bootloader should I also include FileVault efi drivers? By the way it is clover 2.4 7400

Probably you should add correct APFS driver.

You didn't make problem reporting files like I ask you before. I can't help you without this information.

sorry was hopeful that the update will go through, will send you once I go home

Hi b166ar
Do you have problem with sleep? I use RX 560 from Sapphire, combined with i5 3570 and Mojave 10.14. My computer won't go sleep even the monitor already off. The CPU

Hi b166ar
Do you have problem with sleep? I use RX 560 from Sapphire, combined with i5 3570 and Mojave 10.14. My computer won't go sleep even the monitor already off. The CPU

Yes, my sleep is working like a charm.

Sleep is very rarely depends on the GPU. It is more depend on proper USB injection and pmset settings.

Last edited:
Removed «Orange icon» patch.

Added current BIOS settings backup:
  • Disabled Wake on LAN;
  • Manually overclocked RAM to 3600 MHz (16-19-19-38, DRAM Voltage 1.4V);
  • Undervolt CPU: VCore=1,35V;
  • Disable motherboard RGB;
  • Set macOS UEFI partition first boot option.
https://github.com/b166ar/Mac-Mini-Killer

attaching the debug file please advise step by step how to upgrade to Mojave

Attachments

• debug_895.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
Any chance you could update your custom SSDT to include the front USB ports? I took a look at Rehabman's guide to create a custom one, but I found it to be quite advanced and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna screw something up on my system if I decide to follow it...

look at this DSL file and you can see which port is which; the ones commented out I have disabled for the 15 port limit, and the others work fine. You should be able to drop the aml file in the EFI/clover/ACPI/patched directory and you'll be away

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    699 bytes · Views: 88
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    7.3 KB · Views: 70
Back