Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

I have a similar system, but am new to the Hackintosh community and do not understand all of your instructions. You say to use terminal to install kexts, but then do not clearly state exactly how to do this. Can you please explain? Also, are we supposed to copy each and every kext individually from what you have posted? There are so many downloads. I appreciate your tutorial, but I've been trying for a month and still can't get a working hackintosh. No accelerated graphics, so I can not use final cut pro and the audio is choppy at best. It's just an $800 paperweight, at this point. I am ready to just buy a new imac as this is not what I signed on for.

Hakintosh is very techy toy.

I simplified and made a custom EFI folder for you. Now all kexts are in one place, no need to copy anything anywhere. It also preconfigured to Intel HD630 graphics. But, I'm not sure about SMBIOS that simulates a real Mac. I set it to 18.1 for you. If you will see graphical glitches after boot, it means that you need to change SMBIOS to something that fit your i3 CPU.

Try it https://d.pr/f/6ZjcOT

Hakintosh is very techy toy.

I simplified and made a custom EFI folder for you. Now all kexts are in one place, no need to copy anything anywhere. It also preconfigured to Intel HD630 graphics. But, I'm not sure about SMBIOS that simulates a real Mac. I set it to 18.1 for you. If you will see graphical glitches after boot, it means that you need to change SMBIOS to something that fit your i3 CPU.

Try it https://d.pr/f/6ZjcOT
Thank you very much. I will try this, but I still do not know how to install the kexts through the terminal. Do I drag and drop? Thank you.

I also have to reinstall as I have no access any longer since changing the settings.

Thank you very much. I will try this, but I still do not know how to install the kexts through the terminal. Do I drag and drop? Thank you.
in terminal:

Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

or instead of typing out the kext, after typing in sudo cp -R, drag the kext to terminal and then finish off with /Library/Extensions

While I am trying to figure out how to reinstall Mojave as it won't allow me past the "your system restarted due to a problem" screen, I viewed the EFI folder.
I have all of those kexts already. If they are the same exact names, aren't they the same kexts? Or are their further manipulations of these individual kexts?
I would like to understand. Thank you.

While I am trying to figure out how to reinstall Mojave as it won't allow me past the "your system restarted due to a problem" screen, I viewed the EFI folder.
I have all of those kexts already. If they are the same exact names, aren't they the same kexts? Or are their further manipulations of these individual kexts?
I would like to understand. Thank you.
Or are the more significant parameters in the config.plist? Really trying to learn how this all works here. Would appreciate any insight.

Or are the more significant parameters in the config.plist? Really trying to learn how this all works here. Would appreciate any insight.

You don't need to copy any kexts now. I moved all of them to EFI folder and make changes to config.plist, they will be load from EFI. So forget about this terminal commands etc. Just use my EFI.

Make a bootable drive, install clever and copy my EFI folder to EFI partition. Then try to reinstall macOS.

Last edited:
I have the bootable drive already. But now nothing will load since trying those changes that turned the screen pink. It just keeps circling me back through the clover setup.
Thank you for the EFI changes. If I can get to reinstall the OS, then how should I copy the EFI folder to the drive? Do I simply mount using clover configurator and then drag and drop the EFI folder into the EFI partition?

Ok. Right now nothing will boot or load anymore. Just gets stuck on the Apple logo black screen.
Looks like I'll have to buy yet another hard drive since I have no way to wipe this one.

Back