Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Ok. Right now nothing will boot or load anymore. Just gets stuck on the Apple logo black screen.
Looks like I'll have to buy yet another hard drive since I have no way to wipe this one.

Hold F12 while boot and choice your “UIEF flash drive name”. And you shoud see macOS installer.

I always do that. It will no longer load anything. Just keeps freezing at black screen. I waited an hour to load even my installer to wipe the drive in disk utility. Would not load. I took apart an external drive in order to use the ports to connect to my old Mac. I wiped the drive, reinstalled with your EFI folder, and now, FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY this feels like a working Mac. So thank you. Thank you VERY MUCH.
I would very much like to know the changes you made, so I can see exactly what was preventing my build from working. I can compare to my old EFI folder and then upload here to hopefully help another newbie, such as myself. I would like to contribute to this community.

I purchased this Motherboard because it has wifi capability. Is there any way to get wifi working on a hackintosh? Or, more specifically, this Hackintosh?
I can't believe I can actually view my files. Final Cut Pro 10.4 is working LIGHTNING fast with this build.
I would like to take pics and upload with your efi folder to help out others who may have this board and processor. It is behaving 100% as a Mac, aside from the features which are currently inoperable, such as wifi, bluetooth, etc. Music sounds FANTASTIC. Can't thank you enough. Finally, some results. I'm reinvigorated and definitely wish to go deeper. I just couldn't take anymore waiting. A month of hundreds of reinstalls with zero results was very taxing on me. Thank you.
I am currently running only 8gb of 2400mhz ram. And this machine is LIGHTNING fast. Stopped into a store last week. Played with the imac and final cut and some other apps just to get a feel. My machine is definitely faster. How cool! For under $1000. But I really need to find out how or else I'll always be guessing and I also won't be able to help anyone else.
Anyway, thank you.

I purchased this Motherboard because it has wifi capability. Is there any way to get wifi working on a hackintosh? Or, more specifically, this Hackintosh?

Intel WiFi/Bluetooth cards like the one shipped with your motherboard are not supported by macOS. You'll have to replace it with a compatible chip in order to get wireless features working in your Hackintosh. Note that this involves replacing your motherboard's WiFi card, which is not very difficult but sure requires a little finesse -- you need to remove the Wifi modules, replace the M2 card, reattach antennas, and reattach Wifi module.

I'll mention two possible replacements here. Both of them can be easily purchased off of Amazon or eBay:

1. Broadcom BCM94360CS2. This wifi card is used on Apple laptops and therefore is natively supported by any recent macOS (i.e. you won't need any kext to get it working). However, the chip is physically taller than the original chip you will likely not fit in the WiFi case. @b166ar shared his experience with this chip a few pages back in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...70n-rx560-16gb-ram.260337/page-5#post-1819203. Since your motherboard also has a rear panel cover, you'll need to make sure there's enough clearance inside the panel to fit the new card.

2. Broadcom BCM94352Z. This is the same size as the original chip, so it can go inside the original wifi casing and keep the original aesthetics of your board. However, you'll need a few kexts to get it working. This is the chip I chose to use and I can tell by experience that all wireless features (wifi networking, airdrop, continuity etc) are working just fine with macOS Mojave.

Hi,
I use your EFI folder in my bootable drive and I can boot the USB drive and after the apple logo load (with the progress bar going and going...) and about 2/3 and the screen go black and no more HDMI signal is detected by the monitor... I'm using almost the same hardware config like you : gigabyte z370n wifi, i7-8700, 16G except I'm using RX570 display card and no wifi board.
Anything I can do ?
Regards,
Keung

I wiped the drive, reinstalled with your EFI folder, and now, FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY this feels like a working Mac. So thank you. Thank you VERY MUCH.

Glad to hear that :)

I'm reinvigorated and definitely wish to go deeper. I just couldn't take anymore waiting. A month of hundreds of reinstalls with zero results was very taxing on me. Thank you.

Enjoy you Hack for now. I will not be available until Wednesday. We can continue after I come back from a trip.

I purchased this Motherboard because it has wifi capability. Is there any way to get wifi working on a hackintosh?

My use WiFi adapter from MacBook Air (BCM94360CS2). It works OOB, no kexts needed, 100% compatibility. But, as @inarush mentioned, you will need to remove a part of the WiFi case to fit this card. Not a problem at all.

Broadcom BCM94352Z. This is the same size as the original chip, so it can go inside the original wifi casing and keep the original aesthetics of your board. However, you'll need a few kexts to get it working. This is the chip I chose to use and I can tell by experience that all wireless features (wifi networking, airdrop, continuity etc) are working just fine with macOS Mojave.

@Johnw5 I used this card before BCM94360CS2. It doesn't support «Unlock with Apple Watch» future, and BT in BIOS and Clover. And it will not let you log in with BT keyboard if you use FileVault encryption.

But, BCM94352Z will work great if you have wired keyboard and don't have apple watch :)

Last edited:
Hi,
I use your EFI folder in my bootable drive and I can boot the USB drive and after the apple logo load (with the progress bar going and going...) and about 2/3 and the screen go black and no more HDMI signal is detected by the monitor... I'm using almost the same hardware config like you : gigabyte z370n wifi, i7-8700, 16G except I'm using RX570 display card and no wifi board.
Anything I can do ?
Regards,
Keung

Hi. First of all, change your Profile description. I see there Z270 motherboard and GTX 1070. Its confusing.

And for initial install use this modified EFI folder for z370n/RX570 — https://d.pr/f/jVZvZO

After installation you need to move some kexts to L/E/ and change your config.plist.

Hi. First of all, change your Profile description. I see there Z270 motherboard and GTX 1070. Its confusing.

And for initial install use this modified EFI folder for z370n/RX570 — https://d.pr/f/jVZvZO

After installation you need to move some kexts to L/E/ and change your config.plist.

Hi,
Sorry for the confusion. My profile is a workable hackintosh and I'm going in to build a new one with almost the same hardware config as you.
Thanks for the new EFI folder and will try tomorrow.
Regards,
Ahkeung

Hi,
I've tried the above EFI and still not work. When I reboot and Press F12 and select the usb drive to boot and a apple logo is shown on the screen with a progress bar going on and on and suddenly all the screen is black with a sign as shown in the attached jpg..
Regards,
Ahkeung

Attachments

• 20181022_100742.jpg
    20181022_100742.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Hi,
I've tried the above EFI and still not work. When I reboot and Press F12 and select the usb drive to boot and a apple logo is shown on the screen with a progress bar going on and on and suddenly all the screen is black with a sign as shown in the attached jpg..
Regards,
Ahkeung
I have a perfectly working High Sierra hackintosh with the same motherboard when I upgraded the clover Bootloader to 2.4 4700 as it was suggested for Mojave’s update even I have this screen while booting sometimes then I have to shutdown and again boot and it will boot properly but after getting this screen if I restart the screen will reappear. I don’t know the reason. So I am experimenting by removing certain old efi drivers in clover driver64 folders. Will update my finding once I am able to remove this fault.

Back