Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Hi. First of all, change your Profile description. I see there Z270 motherboard and GTX 1070. Its confusing.

And for initial install use this modified EFI folder for z370n/RX570 — https://d.pr/f/jVZvZO

After installation you need to move some kexts to L/E/ and change your config.plist.

Hi,
Sorry for the confusion. My profile is a workable hackintosh and I'm going in to build a new one with almost the same hardware config as you.
Thanks for the new EFI folder and will try tomorrow.
Regards,
Ahkeung

Hi. First of all, change your Profile description. I see there Z270 motherboard and GTX 1070. Its confusing.

And for initial install use this modified EFI folder for z370n/RX570 — https://d.pr/f/jVZvZO

After installation you need to move some kexts to L/E/ and change your config.plist.
Hi,
I've tried the above EFI and still not work. When I reboot and Press F12 and select the usb drive to boot and a apple logo is shown on the screen with a progress bar going on and on and suddenly all the screen is black with a sign as shown in the attached jpg..
Regards,
Ahkeung

Attachments

• 20181022_100742.jpg
    20181022_100742.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Hi,
I've tried the above EFI and still not work. When I reboot and Press F12 and select the usb drive to boot and a apple logo is shown on the screen with a progress bar going on and on and suddenly all the screen is black with a sign as shown in the attached jpg..
Regards,
Ahkeung
I have a perfectly working High Sierra hackintosh with the same motherboard when I upgraded the clover Bootloader to 2.4 4700 as it was suggested for Mojave’s update even I have this screen while booting sometimes then I have to shutdown and again boot and it will boot properly but after getting this screen if I restart the screen will reappear. I don’t know the reason. So I am experimenting by removing certain old efi drivers in clover driver64 folders. Will update my finding once I am able to remove this fault.

Hi,
Just one more question. I'm using Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB and Crucial MX500 1TB. Do I need to enable trim for this SSD in terminal using "sudo trimforce enable" ?
Regards,
Ahkeung

Third-party SSD brands usually require a manual activation of Trim (Apple by default only enables for their own disks).

You can check if trim is enabled by clicking the apple icon at the top left of your screen>about this mac>system report>sata/sataexpress. Check if 'TRIM Support' says Yes (enabled) or No (disabled) under your SSD details.

Do I need to enable trim for this SSD in terminal using "sudo trimforce enable" ?

Thanks for this! I forgot all about trim. I just checked in System Report and it said "TRIM support: No" under the disk details under the "SATA/SATA Express" entry (my SSD is a Sam 850 EVO). I fired off the command and it confirmed enabled. Checked again in System Report and it now says "Yes".

Cheers!

Run in this Terminal to see, what kext are Injected:

Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

According to you debug file kextcache_log.txt, only 3 kexts are injected.
the three kexts are in /L/E
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
All other kexts are in the clover->other folder

Third-party SSD brands usually require a manual activation of Trim (Apple by default only enables for their own disks).

You can check if trim is enabled by clicking the apple icon at the top left of your screen>about this mac>system report>sata/sataexpress. Check if 'TRIM Support' says Yes (enabled) or No (disabled) under your SSD details.

Btw, what SSD are you using? I have two SATA drives and TRIM is disabled. But for my main Samsung SSD 970 EVO, TRIM is enabled by default.

Btw, what SSD are you using? I have two SATA drives and TRIM is disabled. But for my main Samsung SSD 970 EVO, TRIM is enabled by default.

I have the same Samsung M2 drive as yours. I read somewhere that in macOS (or was it just Mojave?), Trim is enabled by default on all NVMe SSD drives.

Back