Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS!] ASUS z97-PRO(Wi-fi ac) - Core i7-4790k - EVGA GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've seemingly followed your steps to a T but when I go to install OSX it gets about halfway done and then says install failed. Any ideas anyone?

My system is
Asus Z97 Pro WiFi
I7 4790K
Evga GTX 760
16GB corsair vengeance ram
650 watt PSU
1 tB Seagate barracuda
PowerMac G5 tower

I Have the same problem as you did Andrai 18. Did you ever figure it out? I keep getting install failed at 16 minutes!!!! Any help would be great

My problem was a corrupt thumb drive. I booted mavericks installer with a micro sd to usb and it worked. Now I have 10.95 fully working. Wifi,sound, no bluetooth though. succeeded 126637d1424079005-success-asus-z97-pro-wi-fi-ac-core-i7-4790k-evga-gtx-760-screen-shot-2015-02-1.jpg

Hi guys,

I have managed to get up and running using this board and have a couple of issues I really need help sorting please. My rig is a asus z97 pro wifi ac i7 4790k 16gb 2400mhz ram nvidia gt 640 kingston 480gb ssd. There are two things that I can not get working and would really like to if it is possible.

1, Sleep everytime I put the system to sleep it instantly wakes up I have no idea why what to check or how to sort it.

2, Handoff I have calls and texts coming through fine and airdrop works but the system does not say that the bluetooth has handoff capability but I thought it did. Could someone explain in simple terms how to get this working. I tried the continuity activation tool and all this did was kill bluetooth altogether.

Really appreciate any help you guys can give..

Many Thanks

Matt

For those who are experiencing random freeze in Yosemite on Z97-pro(wifi ac), disable asmedia usb port in bios or never use asmedia usb port may give you freeze free Yosemite, at least in my case.

For me, random freeze of hackintosh really annoying me. After a bit of research, I found out that asmedia stuff may be the cause(because it may freeze windows also). Disable asmedia usb ports in bios give me no more random freeze(it is about of a week very stable now).

Actually, asmedia usb ports working well, when no freeze. But get rid of random freeze is more important to me.

Were you able to get Yosmite working. I tried all your settings and all works fine with 24gb however 32gb freezes the system ocasionally.

Hi all,

I've been trying to install Yosemite for a few hours though, but I keep getting hung on "System Uptime in Nanoseconds."

I've added takesthewheel recommended boot flags, without any success.

Here is my build:
Asus z97-Pro
i7-4790k
Gigabyte GTX 970

Maybe someone here can help?

Hi,

My config - Asus z97-PRO Wifi AC USB 3.1 i7-4790k 2x8GB Kingston Intel Video. Iam trying to install 10.10.4 with Clover, but with no luck - stuck on DSMOS has arrived. I tried with custom config.plist same error, next i tried with hd4600 plist - same, with standart same. I stopped everything in bios, updated it to last version. Please help with some suggestions.

Hi,

My config - Asus z97-PRO Wifi AC USB 3.1 i7-4790k 2x8GB Kingston Intel Video. Iam trying to install 10.10.4 with Clover, but with no luck - stuck on DSMOS has arrived. I tried with custom config.plist same error, next i tried with hd4600 plist - same, with standart same. I stopped everything in bios, updated it to last version. Please help with some suggestions.

Have you tried installing it first with Unibeast? I guess its kinda like cheating.
There's a guide somewhere on this site that helped me a ton when I first built my machine.
My build is similar to yours and atm everything from iMessage, PM to sleep is all working great.

ASUS Z97-PRO(WIFI ac)/USB 3.1
CORE i7-4790K
EVGA GTX 970

Basically, install Yosemite first with Unibeast. When you have it up and running, instead of running Multibeast, install Clover into the EFI on your bootable USB and test from there. If everything seems good, install Clover into EFI on your SSD.

I'll try to find the guide that I used, but basically its a combination of these 2 guides.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Hope that helps.

Hey Takesthewheel....

Your guide is great. I followed it, I have the same mobo and I'm still running Mavericks. Have you installed Clover yet on your Asus mobo? I'm tying to upgrade to yosemite with Clover and I'm lost....

I've read and tried a bunch of different installations with clover and yosemite and no go..... :(

Any help would be great Please. Anyone?

OMG thanks for this guide looks very thorough and since i have this motherboard as well im gonna try and follow this see if i can get my hackintosh up and running. Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back