Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS!] ASUS z97-PRO(Wi-fi ac) - Core i7-4790k - EVGA GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Configure BIOS Settings

1. Update your BIOS to version 1304 (mine was 0801 from store).
  2. You can find the drivers on at ASUS.com
  3. Drag driver file to empty USB drive (Format USB drive as MS-DOS (FAT) MBR)
  4. Plug USB into 2.0 port, power on computer, enter BIOS, use Flash 2 utility under TOOLS to update.
  5. Reset, enter BIOS, select Load Optimized Defaults
  6. Under BOOT, change CSM to ENABLED with Legacy as first boot priority (opposite to all other Asus z97 posts claim the DISABLE option). Change Security to OTHER OS.
  7. Under Advanced>Configure Onboard devices, disable Ethernet. (Note: may need to disable bluetooth and Wi-Fi too)

Also make sure that in the BIOS, you're booting the right HDD. Do not use the "boot selector" if you installed OSX without the Windows HDD plugged.

On my computer, the sleep / wake up state work pretty well.

But in the middle of the night, from hour to hour, osx wakes up and goes to sleep automatically without turning the monitor on. I believe it's the "sleep state" that keeps everything updated (emails, updates, notifications).

Does anyone knows how to disable that feature? Because this on macs maybe work pretty well but in my case, because of the computer fans and HDD noises, it's a little bit annoying, specially when we are trying to sleep ... :banghead::lol:

I've tried the flag "darkwake=0" without success...

On my computer, the sleep / wake up state work pretty well.
I've tried the flag "darkwake=0" without success...

Hi man, have you tried also the official Apple guide about sleep state? here

Yeah, I followed some of Apple guides but in my power preferences, there's no "power nap" option, so probably that would fix my problem.

Maybe there's a Terminal command to disable this feature, I just didn't find it yet.

By the way, theres another question,

Does anyone knows how to fix the USB problems? Sometimes (rarely) some USB ports stop working and the external USB drivers work really slow (writing data especially).

There's any USB controller available for our motherboards..?

hey guys, just was curious... have you been able to overclock the cpu? it shows in the bios that it should be 4.5GHz or so(manual OC) but it only shows 4GHz in OSX Yosemite. am i missing something? when i have it to Auto, it drops to 3.6GHz. i cant get it over 4Ghz. help? lol

Great tutorial. Step by step very well executed. I followed this tut but using Yosemite and so far it works good. BT, ethernet etc.. all working. iMessage though don't know if it will work using this type of installation though. The guide by Jaymonkey is a bit hard to follow. I had to do a few changes for example the kext for Ethernet I used the one included on the latest Multibeast 7.01, I believe is 3.0.1 don't recall. One thing I noticed is that the Wifi doesn't seem to pickup 5Ghz signal. I know my router is configured correctly because I can see it from my iPhone 6. I use the kext you added in this tutorial and the patch as well. I use kextbeast to install the kext you mentioned and execute the patch script from Toleda. Wifi works good but again it doesn't pickup 5Ghz signal.
Another thing I tested was Drop off and it works fine. If someone here as an Idea why my wifi will not pickup 5Ghz let me know what to check.

Hey,

Anyone experiencing random freezing with Yosemite??

cheers

I can not change date and time in BIOS from Asus z97-PRO(Wifi ac)
Has someone the same problem?
edit..
I found it in the left upper corner of the main screen of the BIOS.

For those who have USB sleep/wake problems like me.

First, do not install GenericUSBXHCI.kext . It's not needed.
Second, try to use the USB 2.0 Ports only.

The USB 3.0 have random issues with the sleep/wake state and most of the time they stop working after waking up your computer. I tried different configurations on BIOS without success. All of them gave me exactly the same problems. xHCI auto, disable, enable... nothing... nada... zero... :(

For me USB 2 and 3 work well also with wake/sleep.
NO DSDT:
both in EFI and S/L/E these kexts:

IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

and the last BIOS version 2012, the last 10.10.1 Yosemite and smbios iMac 15,1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back