Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus Z87 Maximus VI Hero Build - OS X Yosemite (with Chameleon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Boot to black screen’ issue of Tonga card AMD Radeon R9 380 since El Capitan can be solved by using the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts. Works with both CSM enabled & disabled and of course PCIe primary.

IGPU injection is not needed when IGPU Multi Monitor setting in BIOS is disabled.
With Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.xx, AMD Radeon R9 380 works properly with the following BIOS settings, irrespective of CSM settings.
1) PCIe Primary
2) IGPU Muti Monitor Disabled
When IGPU Multi Monitor is enabled, then IGPU injection will become mandatory for improving boot time and Sleep/wake.
With PCIe Primary & IGPU MultiMonitor disabled, there will be no trace of IGPU in IOJones/ IORegistryExplorer output even with IGPU injection.

Under Graphics/Displays, a new line can be seen.
EFI Driver Version: WEAR-103-2017-08-05

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 10.51.26 AM.png

Update 15 Nov 2017:
My new SSDT based on work done by Mieze attached below. Working fine for a week without problems. Now Lilu & WhateverGreen kexts not needed. But I use Lilu kext for AppleALC audio.
My BIOS settings - CSM enabled & PCIe primary (to avoid occasional kernel panics with CSM disabled), Single display attached to AMD R9 380.

Attachments

• SSDT-1.aml
    13.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back