Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read through your High Sierra update. Sounds like a trial, and has convinced me (if I wasn't already) that I'm going to leave my build on Sierra for as long as possible, until a mission-critical application compels me to do it. Interesting that you couldn't get the AppleHDA stuff to work, too. I've never been able to fix it and, like you, went back to Voodoo. The only problem I have is major stuttering (of music being played through iTunes or Amazon Music) when a website loads that has what I assume to be Flash adverts and banners. Using an ad blocker helps, obviously, but for sites where I actually want to view those things, it's infuriating! I wonder if it is Voodoo related. Maybe I'll look to update that, as it's a while ago I did so.

Anyway, great work again on the update - when I do need to do it I'll be sure to head here first!

Actually, @bombardier , updating to High Sierra isn't all that scary. The main thing is to be sure ALL your kexts are up to date or you could potentially brick your system. And Clover - that has to be current as well.

As for sound, well, it seems because I started with an older build (10.11), as opposed to a fresh build, there might be some "hangovers" from the previous OS. Those who have started with fresh builds seem to not have that problem.

It is also conceivable that Voodoo did something unaccounted for which prevents the AppleHDA from working. I have no idea as I'm really somewhere between and advanced & power user of the system. I do not have the underpinnings knowledge that Toleda/Rehabman/Stork/VioletDragon, etc., have.

As for sound, well, it seems because I started with an older build (10.11), as opposed to a fresh build, there might be some "hangovers" from the previous OS. Those who have started with fresh builds seem to not have that problem.

I, too, can't get audio be recognized, much less work, on 10.13.3 on MyHero II (Z370). And I followed the two part run procedure of MultiBeast, too. (The HERO X uses S1220A codex.) So, I think we need more maturity with our audio components. HS needs more work, too. Mac community says 10.13.4 or .5 may get the bugs out bye then and have AMD graphics card working correctly. We'll see...hurry up and wait.

I may actually just duff the onboard audio and get a Creative USB device.

Out of curiosity, do Creative's sound cards work in the Mac? I haven't really looked into it, but I'm thinking not...

I, too, can't get audio be recognized, much less work, on 10.13.3 on MyHero II (Z370). And I followed the two part run of MultiBeast, too. (The HERO X uses S1220A codex.) So, I think we need more maturity with our audio components. HS needs more work, too. Mac community says 10.13.4 or .5 may get the bugs out bye then and have AMD graphics card working correctly. We'll see...hurry up and wait.

Have you tried AppleALC.kext with Lilu.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/? It worked for me on my Z370.

Have you tried AppleALC.kext with Lilu.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/? It worked for me on my Z370.
No, I haven't. I'm trying to be typical (not in the weeds) user and just use MultiBeast for my installation configuring requirements. I've been following what you've done and would have follow your procedures, but that doesn't help mature the TMX tools and/or components. I know you've got a motherboard with the same audio chipset as MyHero II. I'll get there, but less is more. It's just frustrating.

BTW, I'm using the same graphics card as Apple does in the developers' eGPU - the Sappire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card - which I bought last year before the prices went through the roof. Works like a Champ with the Clover config.plist parameter set to true.(I can't remember the name of the parameter at the moment.)

No, I haven't. I'm trying to be typical (not in the weeds) user and just use MultiBeast for my installation configuring requirements. I've been following what you've done and would have follow your procedures, but that doesn't help mature the TMX tools and/or components. I know you've got a motherboard with the same audio chipset as MyHero II. I'll get there, but less is more. It's just frustrating.

BTW, I'm using the same graphics card as Apple does in the developers' eGPU - the Sappire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card - which I bought last year before the prices went through the roof. Works like a Champ with the Clover config.plist parameter set to true.(I can't remember the name of the parameter at the moment.)

Yes, Radeon Deinit. I have the same card in a build I did for a friend. Super easy to maintain.

With the most recent Nvidia web driver lag issue, I'm seriously considering the leap to AMD as well. The only thing holding me back are the extremely inflated prices on the cards due to the crypto currency mining craze.

I have Lilu in C/k/o and that didn't net any results - no devices shown. :/ Not saying it won't work on the 370 board, just mentioning it didn't work in my situation...

I just updated to 10.13.3 using the App store process. I prepared by downloading the nVidia Web driver version ... .156 beforehand and the process went smoothly.

EVEN AUDIO survived the process.

I'm using the 14,2 Sys Def still. No Lilu/Shiki stuff. Audio is through AppleHDA and Toleda's advice.

My Sleep/Shutdown is still hokie...

You are on 14,2? That may be the reason sleep is not working for you...

18,3 is a much closer match and fixed a few quirky behaviors for me. I don't know all that it fixed, but my system ran much better once I switched to it.

Sleep is currently flawless for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back