Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear in mind I also had to start with El Capitan and I had very little trouble with it at all. ;)

I know, strange. I guess doing it when it's outdated by two versions of the OS, like me, support gets a bit sketchy with kexts, patches and software? Who knows...

It seems I have the sleep issue though which I will have to sort out, I'm sure other things will come up...

Thanks, I will do that. So what's the best way of reverting to my solid config.plist? Say I'm locked out by a failed boot for any reason?

You will not be able to get your computer to sleep given the HD630 graphics. You will still need to implement the USB/power management steps however.

Boot to something that has access to the EFI folder and "swap" the config.plist around.

You will not be able to get your computer to sleep given the HD630 graphics. You will still need to implement the USB/power management steps however.

So simply using this wouldn't work for power management? -> NullCPUPowerManagement (RehabMan seems to suggest it wouldn't be enough specifically for laptops so was just wondering.)

What does the USB fix do exactly?

Thanks, I will do that. So what's the best way of reverting to my solid config.plist? Say I'm locked out by a failed boot for any reason?
If you have a Recovery partition, then boot into it at the Clover boot screen. However, you'll have to use the Terminal to find your config.plist file. If you aren't familiar with the Terminal commands and use, then we might be able to guide you.

So simply using this wouldn't work for power management? -> NullCPUPowerManagement (RehabMan seems to suggest it wouldn't be enough specifically for laptops so was just wondering.)

What does the USB fix do exactly?
First question answer: no.

Second answer: read the guide I linked to.

First question answer: no.

Second answer: read the guide I linked to.

I did...honestly that looks super long and complicated, might get some time to try it out in the weekend. Spent too much time on building, researching and re-building the past few days so need to catch up with life :)

Until i get the chance to do it, are there any implications? Can it cause hardware issues? Increased temps? Increased power consumption? Unstable system operation?

Thanks for being so patient with my many newbie questions!

Last edited:
"...complicated..." only at first - it is a surface issue. Careful reading is all that is required as it is very simple otherwise.

Answers: yes, yes, not sure, not sure, yes.

Quite welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back