Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Yes a little frustrated as it would be nice having this nice build running.

I created the install media via terminal using the command from the apple support page

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

I also created it again

anything I did wrong on device Id?

my last idea is still to try with another M2 but do not see a big chance

I created the install media via terminal using the command from the apple support page

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

I also created it again

Your video card should be natively recognized and you tried my EFI folder which works with three different video cards, a 580, a 5600xt and a 5700xt.
You used the "create media" command same as I did...

I also created it again

I keep thinking about various install problems I’ve had or helped with so I have two other questions for you. Did you try deleting the Big Sur install app and downloading it again? Probably not the problem but worth checking.
Also did you try different kinds of USB drives? I had some Sandisk drives that seemed fine but just flat did not work, soon as changed drives the problem was resolved, also it was a very similar issue to what you are having

I will delete all the macOS installer and will download via gibMacOS to try again as well with another USB stick.

hmm, I take a look at your EFI, if u want to install it on your 970 m2, please make sure this was upgraded to the latest firmware. If u want to install it on your MX500 (I'm using both mx500 and both m2: WD and SS) just make sure that you have SATA kext there in your kexts folder.

question: where is the CtlnaAHCIPort.kext?
more detail about this kext and why we need this for BigSur, u can find it here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ktext.html#extras

about another wrong config there, @Leesureone already shooted, so I won't focus on that anymore.

Last edited:
hmm, I take a look at your EFI, if u want to install it on your 970 m2, please make sure this was upgraded to the latest firmware. If u want to install it on your MX500 (I'm using both mx500 and both m2: WD and SS) just make sure that you have SATA kext there in your kexts folder.

question: where is the CtlnaAHCIPort.kext?
more detail about this kext and why we need this for BigSur, u can find it here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ktext.html#extras

about another wrong config there, @Leesureone already shooted, so I won't focus on that anymore.
thanks @blackberry4311 I can see both drives the M2 and the crucial mx500 sata.... do you think anyhow I need this kext?

u try to install on WD m2 also, is that right? can u attach the log here with that m2

As soon as it will arrive (tomorrow) I will try as well with the WD black M2 and can post the install log here.

As soon as it will arrive (tomorrow) I will try as well with the WD black M2 and can post the install log here.
so this mean to say: u didn't try on another m2, please try on your mx500 with the catalinaAHCI kext I post above and post the log in case there is any error.

Ok I will try, just for knowledge, I need to put this kext in the kext folder of the EFI and using proper tree to have it in the config.plist, is this the correct way?

Back