Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

i've been wondering if this thread should be put in 'Golden Builds' :)
considering how little issues it had & how portable it has been to other Comet Lake Asus boards

They actually moved it out of the build guides section, I don't think I followed their template closely enough for that.

Some good ideas here, I probably have wake on USB on in my BIOS, so I need the patch, blackberry4311 maybe has it off:

Also noticed I left darkwake=0 in the boot args from when I was troubleshooting sleep, can try removing that line:

I see .. well noted..

Seems deleting GPRW make the wake by keyboard working too haha..

The only thing left now I cannot manage the airdrop to work .. its running but cannot find any device nor get founded by other device.. bluetooth ans wifi is working.. weird...

I see .. well noted..

Seems deleting GPRW make the wake by keyboard working too haha..

The only thing left now I cannot manage the airdrop to work .. its running but cannot find any device nor get founded by other device.. bluetooth ans wifi is working.. weird...

That's why I broke down awhile back and got the combo card I have. The OS just "sees" it and ALL that stuff works natively, I don't have to load any kexts at all for it. I can answer phone calls, do the browser hand off thing, copy / paste between phone and PC, etc.

I updated and rebuilt EFI on GITHUB
I have used this EFI and I installed it with 10.15.5. I've also upgraded to 10.15.6 and 10.5.7 successfully, but when I try to upgrade to Big Sur the installer fail. I recorded the fail and attached the YouTube link. Any idea of what goes on?

I have used this EFI and I installed it with 10.15.5. I've also upgraded to 10.15.6 and 10.5.7 successfully, but when I try to upgrade to Big Sur the installer fail. I recorded the fail and attached the YouTube link. Any idea of what goes on?

See here if you're using a SATA drive and not NVMe:

You replied to xiaoviejiang, are you using his EFI or mine? You HAVE to be on Opencore 0.6.3, either his latest or mine if you want Big Sur to work.

See here if you're using a SATA drive and not NVMe:

You replied to xiaoviejiang, are you using his EFI or mine? You HAVE to be on Opencore 0.6.3, either his latest or mine if you want Big Sur to work.
I'm using xiaoviejang's EFI from the post I quoted choosing his config file with RX5700XT choice. I haven't done anything after I got my install since everything was working. That time it was OC 0.5.9. I don't know which post is latest with yours or his are. Do I have to do the whole thing over configuring OC again using OC 0.6.3? Something I can use from before? Hopefully just swapping folders?

Try to install and put your EFI on USB ..
I tries to install with OTA and its fail..

Also I do advice to stay on catalina, on my end I tested wifi and bluetooth is not working at least now. And vendors just preparing for adjust their application to fit big sur ENV.

Better tp stay on catalina maybe 1 or 2 month.

Hi @neilsz, just a quick question: I understand it right that you have the z490-e onboard wifi and bluetooth working?

I postponed buying an add-on card hoping someone would succeed.

By using your USBPort kext on 0.6.3 I got different map I think.. I dont know why..
You better clean and refresh the ports before taking a screenshot, so we all can see the current ports you mapped.

Hi man just realize it..
Seems that when I used GPRW .. IntelBluetoothFirmware will not working... is this expected?

How did you manage to have sleep and bluetooth working?
It related to USBports.kext from @scope666, he has another Bluetooth device, Broadcom as I remember. So he removed IoControllerHost (which related to internal Bluetooth) to guarantee the ports limit. You better make the USB map by yourselves, so you can check which port and device you need.

Just remember that internal Bluetooth mapped in USB as IoControllerHost.

Some good ideas here, I probably have wake on USB on in my BIOS, so I need the patch, blackberry4311 maybe has it off:

Also noticed I left darkwake=0 in the boot args from when I was troubleshooting sleep, can try removing that line:

I have wake on USB on by default in my bios currently
You can remove darkwake and check again, I didn't need this when booting to macOS.

Hi @neilsz, just a quick question: I understand it right that you have the z490-e onboard wifi and bluetooth working?

I postponed buying an add-on card hoping someone would succeed.
Yep .. bluetooth and wifi are working.

But airdrop not yet.

Back