Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

I see .. well noted..

Seems deleting GPRW make the wake by keyboard working too haha..

The only thing left now I cannot manage the airdrop to work .. its running but cannot find any device nor get founded by other device.. bluetooth ans wifi is working.. weird...
As mentioned yesterday, airdrop, handoff supported under AirportItlwm. Itlwm only fakes the ethernet device to support wifi on it own.

Try to install and put your EFI on USB ..
I tries to install with OTA and its fail..

Also I do advice to stay on catalina, on my end I tested wifi and bluetooth is not working at least now. And vendors just preparing for adjust their application to fit big sur ENV.

Better tp stay on catalina maybe 1 or 2 month.
I'm in Big Sur currently, everything I need work like charm. You better show the log when install so we can see what happend.

As mentioned yesterday, airdrop, handoff supported under AirportItlwm. Itlwm only fakes the ethernet device to support wifi on it own.

I'm in Big Sur currently, everything I need work like charm. You better show the log when install so we can see what happend.
I'm using AirportItlwm kext too anyway .. could you please share us you loaded kext currently man?

I've just trying big sur.. and the bluetooth is not working. Wifi working when booting but when toggle on/off its gone

I'm using AirportItlwm kext too anyway .. could you please share us you loaded kext currently man?

I've just trying big sur.. and the bluetooth is not working. Wifi working when booting but when toggle on/off its gone
I'm using itlwm only, tested with AirportItlwm before and handoff work. But I don't need it. I'm not on my PC currently so I can't show you my kexts, later man.

In big sur, bluetooth and wifi work. You can find me here https://github.com/blackberry4311/Hackintosh-asus-rog-strix-z490-e-gaming

See here if you're using a SATA drive and not NVMe:

You replied to xiaoviejiang, are you using his EFI or mine? You HAVE to be on Opencore 0.6.3, either his latest or mine if you want Big Sur to work.
I just saw your first post again that you have a new EFI with OC 0.6.3. It is so long since I was into the Open core guide and procedure, so I'm on level 1 again. I was hoping I could just run the Big Sur upgrade installer not having to go through a clean install. Is it possible to just copy your 0.6.3 EFI and replace it with my old? Wanna ask before try.
Using the two NVME slots on this MB, by the way.

I just saw your first post again that you have a new EFI with OC 0.6.3. It is so long since I was into the Open core guide and procedure, so I'm on level 1 again. I was hoping I could just run the Big Sur upgrade installer not having to go through a clean install. Is it possible to just copy your 0.6.3 EFI and replace it with my old? Wanna ask before try.
Using the two NVME slots on this MB, by the way.

The way I usually do it, copy my EFI to a spare USB key, putting in your unique settings like keys, etc. Test booting from it. This way if there's an issue, your copy of the EFI on the hard drive is unaffected.

Yep .. bluetooth and wifi are working.

But airdrop not yet.
I have the the Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming board as well and am trying to get AirportItlwm to load but I can't seem to get the kext load order and settings in my config.plist correct. Could you share your config.plist or explain what you did to get it to work?

Nevermind... I just saw blabkberry4311's comment with a link to his github with his EFI

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the the Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming board as well and am trying to get AirportItlwm to load but I can't seem to get the kext load order and settings in my config.plist correct. Could you share your config.plist or explain what you did to get it to work?

Nevermind... I just saw blabkberry4311's comment with a link to his github with his EFI
pls note that I'm using itlwm only, and this kext does not enable by default in my EFI

The way I usually do it, copy my EFI to a spare USB key, putting in your unique settings like keys, etc. Test booting from it. This way if there's an issue, your copy of the EFI on the hard drive is unaffected.
Sorry to say, I had no success with your new EFI. It seems that my Asus Z490-G motherboard is a bit different. It was only Xiaoviejang's EFI that worked. When I tried your new EFI, I could see that yours and Xiaoviejang's config are very different. I have not any clue what is different, but yours look more like from the Open core guide and Xiaoviejang's very specific and different from the Open core guide, but latter worked flawlessly for my motherboard. What can I say.

Hopefully, Xiaoviejang, if you read this post, please make an updated EFI of your previous upload to the new Open Core, hopefully working with Big Sur. I have good faith in it to work :thumbup:

Back