Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

View attachment 562047
So I dont have a mac so I cant use Opencore configerator But I do have Plist editor pro
so under "boot-args" do I just add
<string>-v<string>

And than to change the SMBIOS do i just change line code 657 from iMac20,2 to iMac20,1

Would this work?
View attachment 562048Here's a modified config.plist with verbose boot argument.

Attachments

• EFI-2 2.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 20
I was able to use list instead of XML view and edit the SMBIOS but still could not find where to put in the boot-arg. Thank you so much! that'll be faster
There's a whole learning curve editing config.plist files within OSX, seems even harder in Windows but I haven't had to very often so that's probably why I feel that way.

Last edited:
THere's a whole learning curve editing config.plist files within OSX, seems even harder in Windows but I haven't had to very often so that's probably why I feel that way.
Its actually not that bad. It uses python so its all pretty clear. I was able to find the SMBIOS and everything else pretty easy. really if you just read through it. I also found the PollAppleHotKeys and changed it to true

There's a whole learning curve editing config.plist files within OSX, seems even harder in Windows but I haven't had to very often so that's probably why I feel that way.
Okay so I changed the two things and now this is happening first this and than the second. I’m chill at the second part right now
243ECC97-DA58-47E0-B63E-17D3A5EB9B16.jpeg
180E422E-BE99-467D-A398-4505F52A9DF9.jpeg

Okay so I changed the two things and now this is happening first this and than the second. I’m chill at the second part right now
View attachment 562056View attachment 562057
Nvm.. just a glitch because of duel screen stuff. Everything is working now! Thanks guys :) it was all because I was using my rtx ports obv :/ I’m a little slow
Cheers

Just one tip, you might have to generate a fresh UUID, Serial, etc. since you changed the SMBIOS to 19,1.

See here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#platforminfo

This is so iMessage, iCloud, etc. will work like a real Mac.

I haven't done that yet because I don't really need them as of right now. But I will later. Is this why my internet isn't working?

Currently my issues are random crashing. MacOs just freezes and I have to reboot (it did it during OS setup as well). I do get the crash errors from mac and bootloader... I will check the report when I get home. I think it may have to do with graphics idk..

My Ethernet is also not working..? I did this

'A better driver for the Ethernet I-225V (for me it seems to drop packets although internet tests don't confirm, others say it's fine). Fixed by changing "Configure" to "Manual" under Ethernet -> Hardware advanced settings and specifying Speed and Duplex."

and specified it to default and it gives me a ip address if I remember correctly.. But when using safari there was no internet.. So idk :/ If you can help me with that? I know you probably had similar issues to with the ethernet drivers even using windows..

EDIT: Also side note when I was install i had both screens plugged into MB and it was set it a way where it displayed the same image to both screens. I got screen glitches while installing because of this. Probably because one screen is 1440p and the other is 1080p.. So I only have the 1080p hooked up right now but will try and use dual monitors later..

And also now that I have MacOs i can use Opencore Configurator. I also enabled the applekeys

I haven't done that yet because I don't really need them as of right now. But I will later. Is this why my internet isn't working?

Currently my issues are random crashing. MacOs just freezes and I have to reboot (it did it during OS setup as well). I do get the crash errors from mac and bootloader... I will check the report when I get home. I think it may have to do with graphics idk..

My Ethernet is also not working..? I did this

'A better driver for the Ethernet I-225V (for me it seems to drop packets although internet tests don't confirm, others say it's fine). Fixed by changing "Configure" to "Manual" under Ethernet -> Hardware advanced settings and specifying Speed and Duplex."

and specified it to default and it gives me a ip address if I remember correctly.. But when using safari there was no internet.. So idk :/ If you can help me with that? I know you probably had similar issues to with the ethernet drivers even using windows..

EDIT: Also side note when I was install i had both screens plugged into MB and it was set it a way where it displayed the same image to both screens. I got screen glitches while installing because of this. Probably because one screen is 1440p and the other is 1080p.. So I only have the 1080p hooked up right now but will try and use dual monitors later..

And also now that I have MacOs i can use Opencore Configurator. I also enabled the applekeys

I would read some of the posts starting here. There have been recent changes with Ethernet. We used to need a boot arg to get it working, now it's dependant on a combination of OC and BIOS settings:

I recommend using OCAT over OpencoreConfigurator.

Back