Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

add -v to your boot arguments so you can see what the issue could be
@Takagi another way to get the verbose screen is to hit the Windows key on your keyboard in combination with the V key at the boot screen, at least that should work if you don't want to edit the config.plist.

@Takagi another way to get the verbose screen is to hit the Windows key on your keyboard in combination with the V key at the boot screen, at least that should work if you don't want to edit the config.plist.
yes, that is a good idea... however, PollAppleHotKeys is disabled in config.plist so that wouldn't work

@Feartech

Heres what Ill do in order:
Put bios back into the sata mode that works for windows and boot to windows Drive 1 m.2 Instead of USB EFI.

Plug both monitors out of the RTX GPU and into the MotherBoard

in windows ill download Opencore Configurator or OCAT and change:

change the smbios from iMac20,2 to iMac20,1

Back in Bios Change Sata mode back to the Apple one and boot into USB EFI instead of Drive 1 M.2 (Windows)

Hopefully by doing this it installs properly or at least gives me access to recovery or disk utility.. I hope
Wish me luck :) Ill report back around 6:30pm EST

@Feartech

Heres what Ill do in order:
Put bios back into the sata mode that works for windows and boot to windows Drive 1 m.2 Instead of USB EFI.

Plug both monitors out of the RTX GPU and into the MotherBoard

in windows ill download Opencore Configurator or OCAT and change:

change the smbios from iMac20,2 to iMac20,1

Back in Bios Change Sata mode back to the Apple one and boot into USB EFI instead of Drive 1 M.2 (Windows)

Hopefully by doing this it installs properly or at least gives me access to recovery or disk utility.. I hope
Wish me luck :) Ill report back around 6:30pm EST
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

maybe also -v ? :)

I had that as default for awhile, perhaps I should put it back. It looks nicer booting up with it off, but it's certainly handy to see what's going on under the hood.

I had that as default for awhile, perhaps I should put it back. It looks nicer booting up with it off, but it's certainly handy to see what's going on under the hood.
I agree it looks nicer without, handy to have enabled for first timers installation :)

Maybe I should enable that in the EFI, might be handy going forward...
1673913614017.png

So I dont have a mac so I cant use Opencore configerator But I do have Plist editor pro
so under "boot-args" do I just add
<string>-v<string>

And than to change the SMBIOS do i just change line code 657 from iMac20,2 to iMac20,1

Would this work?
1673913860264.png

Back