Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

So How can I get passed the apple logo? Please see comment from 8:58 am

my Prim is a 1440p Benq 27in with DVI into RTX
second is a samsung 1080p 27in HDMI into RTX

So I guess I should begin with plugin my screens into the MB?
what about the format of the SSD that I want Ventura on? I dont have a Mac so I cant format in APFS ???
obviously you need to plug your monitor into your motherboard

I don't want to confuse you with @scope666 already answering your question but if you are trying to install using your 3070 for display you'll never get there. His EFI is setup so your iGPU should work though and from there, if it finishes loading, you can run disk utility.
At the boot screen you can hit the keyboard equivalent (if you don't have a Mac keyboard) of the Command key and V together to enable verbose mode which will show you the boot process. If it hangs you can take a photo of where and post it for more help.

One last thing, the Samsung Eco 970 as a boot drive for Mac OS will eventually drive you crazy with boot times getting long, it may also cause data loss eventually.

new-ssds-added-to-the-recommended-list-of-the-buyers-guide.316946
Okay So deff plug screens into MotherBoard.. This will suck than for when I want to use windows for gaming.. Id have to rehook my cables into the RTX GPU every time???
Should I just buy a third SSD than and maybe buy it pre formatted lol.. I have no idea how to format a ssd into APFS on windows.. the only way is to get Disk utility onto my bootloader maybe??? And I don't know how to do that?

LOL that's fair.. I guess I would have to switch ports than every time I want to switch OS and use RTX GPU?
yes, as I have already told you your nvidia is not supported

yes, as I have already told you your nvidia is not supported
@scope666

Alright, When I get home ill plug both screens into my MB.. Since im using Scope666's EFI config do I need to change anything as I dont have a Rx 560. Only using HD 630.

Also Do I have I have to format my Entire 870 SSD to APFS or can I just use Exfat or not have it formatted at all? and Am I able to install it to a partition on said SSD or should I just use the entire drive?

EDIT: Also just to note I appreciate you guys so much! and thanks for getting back to me so quick! :)

@scope666

Alright, When I get home ill plug both screens into my MB.. Since im using Scope666's EFI config do I need to change anything as I dont have a Rx 560. Only using HD 630.

Also Do I have I have to format my Entire 870 SSD to APFS or can I just use Exfat or not have it formatted at all? and Am I able to install it to a partition on said SSD or should I just use the entire drive?

EDIT: Also just to note I appreciate you guys so much! and thanks for getting back to me so quick! :)
format the drive, all of it to APFS when you get to the recovery

@scope666

also change the smbios from iMac20,2 to iMac20,1

@scope666

If you've never installed OpenCore before I highly recommend reading through the excellent official guide:

It covers all of the steps necessary.

format the drive, all of it to APFS when you get to the recovery
When Bios boots to USB the only options I have are EFI, Windows OS, Install Mac Os
EFI does nothing. Windows boots to well Windows and Install Mac OS after 45mins freezes on the apple logo/ Progress bar.

EDIT: Will plugging my screens into the MB allow me to find the Recovery after macos install? im guessing..?
My assumption is that the drive needs to be formatted to APFS before I install Mac OS

Im not sure how to get to recovery from here?

@Feartech
Do I use Opencore Configurator or OCAT for this?? I haven't edited anything yet since my EFI and build are very close to Scope666's

If you've never installed OpenCore before I highly recommend reading through the excellent official guide:
@scope666 Ive read that entire thing plus more.. Ive lit looked up 10 diffrent ways to do it. Dual boot vs a single drive or doing both os on a signle drive with partitions. My problem when looking up stuff for this is that most people or guides use mac os to install windows or they are using a single drive and are installing a freash windows ETC. or they using clover. Ive tried clover once but than after I see the forums every says to move from clover to Opencore.. SO im very thankful for this sub since its lit one of the very few resources I have with similarities

When Bios boots to USB the only options I have are EFI, Windows OS, Install Mac Os
EFI does nothing. Windows boots to well Windows and Install Mac OS after 45mins freezes on the apple logo/ Progress bar.

Im not sure how to get to recovery from here?

@Feartech
Do I use Opencore Configurator or OCAT for this?? I haven't edited anything yet since my EFI and build are very close to Scope666's

@scope666 Ive read that entire thing plus more.. Ive lit looked up 10 diffrent ways to do it. Dual boot vs a single drive or doing both os on a signle drive with partitions. My problem when looking up stuff for this is that most people or guides use mac os to install windows or they are using a single drive and are installing a freash windows ETC. or they using clover. Ive tried clover once but than after I see the forums every says to move from clover to Opencore.. SO im very thankful for this sub since its lit one of the very few resources I have with similarities
add -v to your boot arguments so you can see what the issue could be

Back