Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS ROG-STRIX B360-I (OpenCore 0.7.0) - BigSur 11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
so after running the installer on the installed drive, a new volume is created on the container called "volname - Data". When it worked the one time, I was able to boot from it, and that's when the OS worked. WHy does this not show up normally?

the can't repro here is the thing.
what?
so after running the installer on the installed drive, a new volume is created on the container called "volname - Data". When it worked the one time, I was able to boot from it, and that's when the OS worked. WHy does this not show up normally?
sounds about correct

also formatting wither HFS+ or APFS doesn't matter, macOS installer will convert the drive to APFS anyway

although I mostly format HFS+ Journaled and it will convert anyway

I mean I can't get it back to the state it was before. I don't know what magic incantation I did then but I'm closer I think

sounds about correct

so how does the `- Data` show up in opencore so I can boot from it again?

also formatting wither HFS+ or APFS doesn't matter, macOS installer will convert the drive to APFS anyway

although I mostly format HFS+ Journaled and it will convert anyway

thank you

so how does the `- Data` show up in opencore so I can boot from it again?
It probably won't.

The "Data" drive is actually a part of a synthesized drive in the APFS scheme, held within the Container on Disk0 (usually).

OpenCore doesn't have to show this in the menu to boot correctly. Clover, on the other hand showed the "Preboot" volume.

For Big Sur, Monterey etc., OpenCore will just show the name of the main Data drive. Mine, for example, just shows "Monterey":

DU.png

I've actually called the drive visible on my desktop "Macintosh HD" because that's what finder sees. Finder shows an overall view, seamlessly, not separate drives.

:)

Last edited:
I got things working again through a mismash of things. is the normal order of events that the SSD is booted from the macos install initially from the drive, which then installs the data? why doesn't it show up for me when I do the install? Any ideas on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back