MSI B560-I Gaming Edge
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

After hours and hours of trying to install BigSur on my PC, I finally got it.

Hardware
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
GPU - Radeon RX 580 Series
Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I Gaming | Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family LPC Controller (B360) - A308
Ethernet - Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V
Wireless - Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

06-26-2021 - Update: WiFi Fix (and bluetooth possibly)
After reading @
KewiinG comment and carefully reviewing the OpenCore guide, I noticed that I could make the Wifi work by adding the AirportItlwm.kext to my EFI. I did this accordingly and worked like a charm. Updated the EFI to this thread. With regards to the bluetooth, I was able to see my AirPods and connected it to them. However, I'm not sure why I can't toggle off the bluetooth. Later this week will try the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and see how it works. I don't believe I actually need it but will give it a try.

06-21-2021 - Update
Wanted to provide a brief update with regards to the RTC issue and the OpenCore UI. Looks like the only thing I needed to do was enabling DisableRtcChecksum in the config.plist. Also, I had to update the rtc-blacklist as well. With that out of the way, it boots normal and is working like a charm. I've attached on this thread the complete EFI.

06-20-2021 - Successful Install
Had to do a few changes on my config.plist:

1. Removed
    Code:
    agdpmod=pikera
    boot-args since I don't need it for my GPU.
  2. Removed DebugEnhancer and NVMeFix kexts. However, left XHCI-Unsupported since my B360 needs it.
  3. Cleaned up PlatformDeviceInfo.
  4. Added
    Code:
    alcid=1
    on boot-args
  5. Double checked on the BIOS settings and found out that I had Above4GEncoding disabled rather than enabled.
  6. Code:
    DisableIOMapper
    was set to TRUE and because of this it was enabling VT-d (which was disabled on the BIOS).
Also, one thing to note is that I was using OpenCore Configurator. It was messing up my config.plist and so I started over and finally worked with no issues at all.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 1.33.48 PM.png

What's not working:
  • Wifi and bluetooth
That's the only thing I've picked up right away which was expected.

A few things missing:
Although the installation was a successful one, I've was brought with the RTC issue. Once I fix this issue, will update accordingly. Also, I haven't been able to work with the GUI for OpenCore. I followed the guide provided however wasn't working for me. Well check on that later as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• ASUS-ROG-STRIX-B360-I OpenCore 0.7.0.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 774
Last edited by a moderator:
Posted an update to this thread. Thanks.

The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is working fine with this mobo. Don't need to change any parts at all.

I have:
ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I Gaming
Intel i5 9400F
16GB DDR4 2666Mhz
NVIDIA GTX 680 4GB
Samsung SATA SSD 256GB

And there isn't even ONE thing that doesn't work. Im really glad I had these parts laying around and wanted to try to install MacOS Big Sur 11.4.

Glad you made a successful build, congrats! :)

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2021-06-26 kl. 05.38.21.png
    Skärmavbild 2021-06-26 kl. 05.38.21.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 143
The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is working fine with this mobo. Don't need to change any parts at all.

I have:
ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I Gaming
Intel i5 9400F
16GB DDR4 2666Mhz
NVIDIA GTX 680 4GB
Samsung SATA SSD 256GB

And there isn't even ONE thing that doesn't work. Im really glad I had these parts laying around and wanted to try to install MacOS Big Sur 11.4.

Glad you made a successful build, congrats! :)
Really? Did you add any kext to make it work? I've been looking into the OpenCore guide and found that there are 2 kext available for the WiFi and Bluetooth: OpenCore Wifi and Bluetooth.

I made an edited kext that I made for your specific EFI, if you want it Ill send it.
Sure! Also, I added a bluetooth kext as well and it does nicely as well.

Also, I wanted to ask if you got it to work AirDrop. I have wifi and bluetooth working but for some reason Airdrop it's not working.

Hi Based on the following EFI I have already installed Big Sur in PC, but unfortunately the Graphics Display showing only 8 mb, please suggest, hot to fixed it

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.04.00 PM.png

Graphics Display showing only 8 mb
Your GT 1030 graphics are unsupported in Big Sur.

Here is the Graphics Display properties.
Wifi working properly, but bluetooth not working.

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.20.40 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.22.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 5.22.33 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back