Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Prime Z390-A + i7 9700K + RX VEGA 64 (LC Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for this guide @Jakeofspades. I'm not sure if you or someone else could help me. I've got everything working except it looks like my computer is only seeing my RX Vega 56 and not my IGPU as well. Scores seem to be super low on geek bench? Everything runs great. I'm just confused by this. I'm rocking an i7-9700K. I just want to make sure I'm not going to make my computer explode. lol

Hey @rjroser! I actually don’t have my iGPU working either. It won’t hurt anything by any means, but having it working could possibly help your rendering and Geekbench scores. Go back to like page 1 or 2 of this thread. There’s a guy who posted a how to link for getting your iGPU to work. It looked like a good write up. I just haven’t had the time to do it yet.

Cheers!

Hi everyone. I have built a new hackintosh but I can't run it because I couldn't setup my BIOS. I have ATI Radeon 4850 GPU. Is it compatible with my system?

My system is:
Motherboard:Asus Prime Z390A
CPU:İntel i7-9700K
RAM: 16GB*2 Crucial Ballistik Sport LT
SSD: Samsung EVO 970 NVMe M.2 - 1TB
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4850 (if it is compatible I'm going to use it ,otherwise , can I use onboard GPU? )
Thank you.

Hi everyone. I have built a new hackintosh but I can't run it because I couldn't setup my BIOS. I have ATI Radeon 4850 GPU. Is it compatible with my system?

My system is:
Motherboard:Asus Prime Z390A
CPU:İntel i7-9700K
RAM: 16GB*2 Crucial Ballistik Sport LT
SSD: Samsung EVO 970 NVMe M.2 - 1TB
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4850 (if it is compatible I'm going to use it ,otherwise , can I use onboard GPU? )
Thank you.

I would think the AMD GPU would be plug and play, but don’t quote me on it! You should be able to use integrated GPU if it doesn’t work though.

Update! I upgraded my i7 to an i9-9900KS. In hind sight I probably could have gone for just the i9 but I’ll use it for some Windows gaming, too, and it’ll do awesome at that, too!

Also, in a roundabout way, I ended up getting my Gigabyte Thunderbolt Titan Ridge card to work with my ASUS Z390 PRIME-A motherboard after all. I’ll post more details here soon!

Does anyone know how to enable USB ,USB 3.1 and USB-C ports on this board? Asus Prime z390a.I have tried everything and failed.My build is running 10.14.6 :-/. Everything else works well.I tried manually patching all the ports with custom SSDTs compiled to a USB Kext but to no avail.Here is my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18 MB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 16.15.33.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 16.15.33.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 186
Does anyone know how to enable USB ,USB 3.1 and USB-C ports on this board? Asus Prime z390a.I have tried everything and failed.My build is running 10.14.6 :-/. Everything else works well.I tried manually patching all the ports with custom SSDTs compiled to a USB Kext but to no avail.Here is my EFI
I'm have the same motherboard and having a hard time creating a custom SSDT and making it work. Did you figure this out? If you did, can you share your SSDT patch or how you made it work?
Thanks in advance!

I'm have the same motherboard and having a hard time creating a custom SSDT and making it work. Did you figure this out? If you did, can you share your SSDT patch or how you made it work?
Thanks in advance!
I used this SSDT patch, though i couldn't get my USB-C port to work.I'm still working on it

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ALL-ASUSz390PrimeA.aml.zip
    897 bytes · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back