Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Prime Z390-A + i7 9700K + RX VEGA 64 (LC Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem. I start installing, and, when install cursor with Apple logo goes to 99 percent, it stops....I have updated the latest BIOS version, and now I can't downgrade it....Im so sad...
What version of Clover are you using? I had the same issue recently when trying to upgrade to 10.14.6 and subsequently trying to do a clean install of 10.14.6 on my laptop. Installer would look like it was frozen, and then after 20-25 minutes would continue install. Updated Clover from v4701 to v5033 (latest version at that time) and install worked great.

-bth

Note: Be advised that the most recent versions of Clover (5033, 5045) change the /EFI/Clover directory structure and files.

Actually I have faced with the same issue with High Sierra installer. Could this strange behavior be a result of BIOS update? Thinking about to switching to Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro ...

Actually I have faced with the same issue with High Sierra installer. Could this strange behavior be a result of BIOS update? Thinking about to switching to Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro ...
....I will go to the store and ask for bios downgrade if they dont I will sell this S....ty asus and i will buy Gigabyte designare...its the best hackintosh mb on the planet now....cant go wrong with gigabyte....regards

What version of Clover are you using? I had the same issue recently when trying to upgrade to 10.14.6 and subsequently trying to do a clean install of 10.14.6 on my laptop. Installer would look like it was frozen, and then after 20-25 minutes would continue install. Updated Clover from v4701 to v5033 (latest version at that time) and install worked great.

-bth

Note: Be advised that the most recent versions of Clover (5033, 5045) change the /EFI/Clover directory structure and files.
I'm just using UniBeast for Mojave install USB...I guess it has Clover inside. I wanted to ask someone who succeeded with Asus Prime A Z390 what BIOS version they use...? Regards.

It’s Clover inside I believe. Designere is quite expensive board I think, Aorus Pro is good enough. Asus Prime looks a good peace of technology and I really want to get it work with macOS.

Problem solved - I have replaced this crappy Asus board with the Gigabyte one and everything works like a charm.

I have updated the BIOS of Asus Z390...and now its screwed up...I never listen to Morgonaut again..haha

@MattRobertson hey there.

After looking at your build and a few others, I chose the Z390-A motherboard. However, I am getting stuck at the Apple load screen at 100%. I have tried a ton of different solutions, and it always becomes stuck at the same spot. Wondering if you have any tips or BIOS settings that were particular for High Sierra.

@MattRobertson hey there.

After looking at your build and a few others, I chose the Z390-A motherboard
[SNIP]
Wondering if you have any tips or BIOS settings that were particular for High Sierra.

Skip High Sierra altogether. I have 2 of these, and I installed straight to Mojave on both. There are plenty of examples on here where people are posting the required settings for getting it to install/work smoothly with clover. If that doesn't help, let me know, and I'll see if I can assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back