Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Prime Z390-A + i7 9700K + RX VEGA 64 (LC Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jakeofspades,
As a composer working daily with Cubase and Kontakt, I am very interested in your 9900KS setup. Does everything work correctly?
I look forward to learning the details of your installation (component & installation process).
Thank you.

Hi, @Jakeofspades!

I am trying to build with below hardware for Protools 2019 and FCP7 to work on High Sierra.
i7-9700K
ASUS Prime Z390A
16GB x 4 Adata RAM
MSI RX 580 8GB
1TB NVMe Intel
8TB Seagate Enterprise HDD

I am unable to Boot the installer. It shows Stop after Apple logo.

Kindly help. I am new in building Hackintosh.

Thanks in advance.

What is the version of your BIOS? I get stuck with a full load bar with the Apple logo. I'm trying with version 13.0.

Hi Jakeofspades,

Thanks a lot for the OP. It helped a lot in my first hackintosh build.

I got the ASUS Prime Z390-A and the GC-TITAN RIDGE Card. However, whenever I enable the Thunderbolt in BIOS, I cannot boot into the Mac OS (Mojave). I can boot in the Windows and find my Thunderbolt device. I wonder if you can share your BIOS setting related to the Thunderbolt service.

Hi Jakeofspades,

Thanks a lot for the OP. It helped a lot in my first hackintosh build.

I got the ASUS Prime Z390-A and the GC-TITAN RIDGE Card. However, whenever I enable the Thunderbolt in BIOS, I cannot boot into the Mac OS (Mojave). I can boot in the Windows and find my Thunderbolt device. I wonder if you can share your BIOS setting related to the Thunderbolt service.
Out of curiosity, why Titan Ridge? So many people are going with that AIC when Apple specifically uses Alpine Ridge. Has anyone tried the Alpine Ridge AIC? Thanks.

Same issue with Alpine Ridge.
Once the Thunderbolt card is inserted MacOS doesn't boot.
any idea why?
Above 4G Decoding is switched on.

*Update*
Found.
The Asus Prime Z390-A only when inserted aThunderbolt 3 card requires the boot argument slide=0 to be able to boot and then the flag "Halt Enabler" to bo able to shut down properly.
Lost a bunch of hours to make it run.

Last edited:
Hi, @Jakeofspades and @chipcomsai

I'm trying to build a very similar set up and running into similar issues:

i7-9700K
ASUS Prime Z390A
2 x 8GB Crucial
nVidia 1070ti
256GB Kingston SSD.

Built High Sierra installer with UniBeast as this will be a dual boot system for gaming on Windows and music production on the Mac.

I had issues with the USB getting stuck at 100% to start install and found this post:

Added the ACPI patch in Clover and can now boot from USB and go through the High Sierra installation. The issue I'm having now is being stuck at 100% loading booting from the High Sierra installation on my SSD from Clover. It just hangs.

I haven't added anything else to the config yet, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris

Can you please share your EFI folder??

Can you please share your EFI folder??

Thanks for the reply. I started from scratch and actually got everything installed and almost perfect! Only things that are not working-

Restart and Shutdown (os logs off machine stays on)
My processor shows unknown not i7-9700k.

Otherwise this is a killer dual boot rig thanks to this place!
Thanks!
Chris
9A1987AD-DC99-4DB2-AB28-FFFBC559DF55.jpeg

D0BBE51F-FE53-43BE-ACC6-A03D44E07246.jpeg

C8095AAE-F15E-4A8D-9853-77FBC6BDC5D0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back