Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NorthAmTransAm WOOOOOOORK!!!!!!!!
but my question now is:
Does this step of the power supply have to be done every time?
NOPE! So long as there was a proper shutdown. If not then it's likely you'll need to repeat this procedure.

Note 1: You don't need to have a device on at boot, assuming the last shut down was fine.

Note 2: This is actually Thunderbolt Extended Mode which is the absolute goal of having Thunderbolt on Hackintosh. For more info please read here (note that we don't need to flash our card because Alpine Ridge works with simple patches).

Last edited:
@northbabyboy after reboot the pcie TB is ON! But the Apollo Twin X not is detected.
I use Mojave, i try to install the drivers and after reboot not detected :(

I use SMBIOS MacPro 1,1.

I use SMBIOS MacPro 1,1.
Can you please open IOReg and go to File>Save As and send me a copy?

Was there a specific reason you switched SMBIOS? I'd try signing out of iCloud and going back to 19,1.

now repeating the procedure to unplug the power cord has been recognized.
it works I just have to understand if it remains stable! I am attaching EFI and ioreg
@NorthAmTransAm
but at each shutdown the card is not recognized and I have to repeat the procedure with the power supply cable

Attachments

• Archivio (16).zip
    32.5 MB · Views: 58
now repeating the procedure to unplug the power cord has been recognized.
it works I just have to understand if it remains stable! I am attaching EFI and ioreg
@NorthAmTransAm
but at each shutdown the card is not recognized and I have to repeat the procedure with the power supply cable
Can you confirm a few things for me?

1) Is the build an Asus Prime z370a-II?
2) Are you booting straight to macOS or are you going to Windows first?

Yes, it is a Asus Prime Z370A-II and boot only macOS.
Maybe I solved the problem by connecting the PC to a power strip that I turn off every time.
So every time I can simulate the procedure of the power cable being disconnected.
Instead, now I also tried the sleep and after waking up the card is no longer recognized.
It is strange that it works perfectly for you, and I have this problem.
I was wondering if it could be a PCIe firmware issue.

I connected the PCIe in 16EX_3 port.
What port did you connect it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back