Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad - I lacked a bit of understanding with this. When searching post-boot DSDT - the patch has been applied. I was previously searching in the pre-patched DSDT. So I can confirm that rename is happening.
Gotcha. I thought we were onto something otherwise. And no problem. We're all here to learn and have a little fun.

When you go to RP21 in IOReg does it show a full Thunderbolt Bus or is the smaller one?

Gotcha. I thought we were onto something otherwise. And no problem. We're all here to learn and have a little fun.

When you go to RP21 in IOReg does it show a full Thunderbolt Bus or is the smaller one?
How would I determine this in IOreg?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 5.15.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 5.15.41 PM.png
    221.4 KB · Views: 31
So this is in ICM mode and isn't behaving well.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 4.18.10 PM.png

Open my IOReg and scroll down to RP21 and you'll see the full Thunderbolt Bus loaded.

Attached.

Attachments

• Natas iMac.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 53
So this is in ICM mode and isn't behaving well.

View attachment 510248

Open my IOReg and scroll down to RP21 and you'll see the full Thunderbolt Bus loaded.

Attached.

It's saying it's corrupted. It's so strange that this has worked before and stopped. I have this hunch that Windows mucked something up. It's not playing nice with these patches. I have to go over multiboot again in Dortania.

I was shocked to see my patches had disappeared at first - that had to have been my error right? Even so, reapplying them should have corrected the problem. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

I mean - here it was when it was working. This is the one I gave to you last week.

Attachments

• Ryan’s iMac 1 (2).zip
    1 MB · Views: 34
It's saying it's corrupted. It's so strange that this has worked before and stopped. I have this hunch that Windows mucked something up. It's not playing nice with these patches. I have to go over multiboot again in Dortania.

I was shocked to see my patches had disappeared at first - that had to have been my error right? Even so, reapplying them should have corrected the problem. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.
Was a weird transfer. Anyways there's a lot more that should load under RP21.

I do think windows did something but im unclear exactly what.

Just to confirm from early. You shutdown your computer, shut down your Apollo, disconnected power from the computer, waited 15 seconds at least, then plugged back in?

I think you may left the Apollo on or not unplugged or not long enough.

Just to confirm from early. You shutdown your computer, shut down your Apollo, disconnected power from the computer, waited 15 seconds at least, then plugged back in?

Yes, did all of that. I actually have the system hooked up to a power strip that shuts off power entirely when I turn it off. So every night the system is fully de-powered.

Which BIOS version are you on and do you have a rev. 1 or 2 card? Maybe this makes a difference? I'm totally stumped. And obsessed. Thank you for all of your help so far, truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back