Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so here's what I tried tonight:
- double checked BIOS settings, all good
- Switched SMBIOS to 18,3 and enabled XHCI Port Limit in Quirks
- I assume by disabling, you mean deleting from the EFI -> EFI ->CLOVER -> Kexts -> Other folder?
I removed whatevergreen and SATA-unsupported.kext (CatalinaAHCI kext is not present) independently and together

No luck, still the same kernal panic error message in the boot screen

Can't remember if I added Kexts to the Library Extension folder, that was a long time ago..... so screen shot attached along with the USBPorts.kext

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Library Extension Kext Folder.png
    Library Extension Kext Folder.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 26
- I assume by disabling, you mean deleting from the EFI -> EFI ->CLOVER -> Kexts -> Other folder?
I removed whatevergreen and SATA-unsupported.kext (CatalinaAHCI kext is not present) independently and together

Can't remember if I added Kexts to the Library Extension folder, that was a long time ago..... so screen shot attached along with the USBPorts.kext
Ok there's one problem!

Let's start with the Clover EFI, go back to the original EFI folder that's in post one. I have made changes to it so I'd re-download it.

I removed the CatalinaAHCI.kext and replaced it with SATAUnsupported. You need to move my USBMap.kext to your desktop for safe keeping. Rename my USBMap something like USBMap191. We'll need to look at this later. Enable XHCI Limit in quirks.

Ok in your Library Extensions folder I want you to delete the following:

AppleALC
Lilu
AHCI_Intel Generic_SATA
USBInjectAll
FakeSMC (all of the ones starting with this)
IntelMausi
Intel Graphics
FakeSMC
RealtekALC

Before restarting you should download Hackintool and go the Utilities tab. If you hover over the icons at the bottom, the last one should be Rebuild Kext Cache And Repair Permissions. We need to do that!

So all of that, then lets restart with the original Clover EFI minus the USBPorts plus XHCI enabled.

EDIT: Go ahead and change to 18,3 as well. Good luck.

Last edited:

I missed that you sent the USBPorts kext. Attached is the edited version of mine to work with 18,3.

Please disable XHCI Limit, remove my USBMap.kext and replace it with this one.

Attachments

• USBMap183.kext.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
@NorthAmTransAm

Congratulations! Your build description meets the criteria of being a Golden Builds. Thank you for taking the time to make your build description easy to read and helpful to your audience.

@NorthAmTransAm

Congratulations! Your build description meets the criteria of being a Golden Builds. Thank you for taking the time to make your build description easy to read and helpful to your audience.

My friend, thank you!!!

It worked!!! You are a genius!

Congratulations on having it designated a Golden Build, certainly deserves it.
Yay!!!

If you'd like to give it a try you should grab the OC 065 folder and give it a shot. It'll need to have a few changes but I can walk you through it no problem. Just let me know.

Hey, can you check IOJones (or IOReg) to make sure your USB ports were mapped out?

@elastik hey dude, I'm moving you over here.

I think we need to go back to Clover for you as an experiment. I'll even make the EFI for you.

But first, can you open finder and go to YourDrive\Library\Extensions and shoot me a screen shot of everything that's in there? I suspect a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back