Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Please, someone can help me? I have Asus Z370a Prime and Asus Thunderbolt EX3 PCI card. My Thunderbolt doesn't want to work. I tried everything that I could find on the Internet:banghead: . I am running Big Sur, and I have Antelope Audio Discrete 4 interface audio.
Antelope and a few brand of interfaces need a Thunderbolt local node for it to work. Try a UAD interface or an external drive and see if it shows up first. Hope your Thunderbolt settings on the BIOS are right.

Thunderbolt local node.

I don't really understand. Can u help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
@NorthAmTransAm,

Thanks for your amazing work!

I attempted to update from Mojave, which was working perfectly, to Catalina. Everything works (though it seems very sluggish) except for audio, the only option being HDMI, not the optical port which I do need. I grabbed the EFI you created for cnsilvan since I have a rev 1 board. What am I missing?

BIOS is up to date. Based on another post I read, I wiped the EFI > clover folder from my Mojave install as I was running a 4xxx version of Clover, so essentially starting from scratch.

I don't have the Thunderbolt card as I use Dante Virtual Sound Card for getting audio in/out, but I imagine having the kexts installed won't hurt?

Last edited:
@NorthAmTransAm,

Thanks for your amazing work!

I attempted to update from Mojave, which was working perfectly, to Catalina. Everything works (though it seems very sluggish) except for audio, the only option being HDMI, not the optical port which I do need. I grabbed the EFI you created for cnsilvan since I have a rev 1 board. What am I missing?

BIOS is up to date. Based on another post I read, I wiped the EFI > clover folder from my Mojave install as I was running a 4xxx version of Clover, so essentially starting from scratch.

I don't have the Thunderbolt card as I use Dante Virtual Sound Card for getting audio in/out, but I imagine having the kexts installed won't hurt?
I updated posted 1 and attached a current OC 065 EFI. Make sure to add your serial!

Hey all. Build guide is updated. Have a read.
Bro I used your EFI to make an install but it appear not recognize usb installer mac_os (i have same hardware btw)

Bro I used your EFI to make an install but it appear not recognize usb installer mac_os (i have same hardware btw)

Did you follow the Dortania guide for creating an installer?

Did you add your own serial number and place the EFI on the EFI partition?

Your board is a little bit different so it might require more reading. Check everything!

Guide updated with OC 065 and Clover EFI for macOS Big Sur.

The Clover EFI has SATA Unsupported instead of the CatalinaAHCI kext. Either one should do on this board.

Please add your own serial and look at the USB chart to see if you need move your headers around or edit the USBmap. Dealers choice.

Did you follow the Dortania guide for creating an installer?

Did you add your own serial number and place the EFI on the EFI partition?

Your board is a little bit different so it might require more reading. Check everything!
1. Yes I did
2. Yup I did changed "MAKE YOUR OWN" and also change systemUUID
3. My board is asus z370-prime-ii. (i guess this part involve more in kernal panic but not the booter)

I took a look on your efi folder and found down that, you're using BoxHFS.efi instead hfsPush.efi like Dortinia guide i also replace two of that but still opencore booter couldn't detect the installer partitions. i mean it have reset mvram and everything but no installer.

1. Yes I did
2. Yup I did changed "MAKE YOUR OWN" and also change systemUUID
3. My board is asus z370-prime-ii. (i guess this part involve more in kernal panic but not the booter)

I took a look on your efi folder and found down that, you're using BoxHFS.efi instead hfsPush.efi like Dortinia guide i also replace two of that but still opencore booter couldn't detect the installer partitions. i mean it have reset mvram and everything but no installer.

So you are getting to the Opencore menu, but you're not seeing the installer you've created? Is this correct?

If so, please go back to the original EFI from the guide and make sure you've changed your graphics platform ID to the correct one for your setup. Also make sure you re-add your serial and whatever is missing!

Then head over to your config and change Misc>Security>Scan Policy to 0.

Report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back