Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i9-9900k Pro Audio Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB ports could not.
All USB ports on the motherboard are working. From the Usb ports on the towe; reds do not work, green works.
Usb Ports.jpg

USB ports could not.
All USB ports on the motherboard are working. From the Usb ports on the towe; reds do not work, green works.View attachment 506366

So we need to find out where those connect to on your motherboard. Here are two diagrams from my guide.

These two connections are the USB 3.0 headers.

USB 3.0 Headers.png

This diagram is for the USB 2.0 headers.

USB 2.0 Headers.png

So open up your case, take a look and see whats connected and where.

Ekran Resmi 2021-01-26 15.51.11.png
ab.jpg

They are connected that way.

Will it need to be shown manually when another usb port is added?

When I first loaded it, they were all working automatically. Isn't there a method to automatically recognize extra Usb ports?

View attachment 506374View attachment 506376
They are connected that way.

Will it need to be shown manually when another usb port is added?

When I first loaded it, they were all working automatically. Isn't there a method to automatically recognize extra Usb ports?
I'll help you edit the USBMap.kext

There is a way to just enable everything but it's a bit "hacky" and the best way is to just map it out once. Gimme a few and I'll get you covered.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 35
Hmm, strange. Somethings up. Can you send your EFI back to me?

Also, could you try using IOReg instead of IOJones and send me that instead? App attached.
Hey, sorry for the delay, a busy day on the Windows side of audio!!

IOreg file and EFI attached.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• iMac183.ioreg
    11.9 MB · Views: 38
  • EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 50
Hey, sorry for the delay, a busy day on the Windows side of audio!!

IOreg file and EFI attached.

Thanks again!!

Everything looks great in here. You're up and running smoothly as far as I can tell. You can stay on clover or move to Opencore. Up to you. It's just nice to see nothing conflicting and a clean EFI.

Everything looks great in here. You're up and running smoothly as far as I can tell. You can stay on clover or move to Opencore. Up to you. It's just nice to see nothing conflicting and a clean EFI.
Thanks, it really is running very smooth, will try a full ProTools mix soon enough. I would like to give OpenCore a shot at some point, but too much audio work to do at the moment (a good problem!) Thanks again, beers on me if we ever have another in person AES convention!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back