Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Congratulations on your build description becoming a Golden Build!

is Sleep working properly?

Are there any guides I should follow to get this working, I have a Thunderbolt 3 audio interface..

Sleep works fine for me. Previously (2-3 years ago) I did used to have issues with it, but I'm not sure what changed in the interim. (Maybe moving to OpenCore from Clover?)

Also, unrelated to the above- I'm now on 13.6.4 without issue, still staying on Ventura for now due to lack of time to investigate the Broadcom driver stuff probably needed for the upgrade.

Sleep works fine for me. Previously (2-3 years ago) I did used to have issues with it, but I'm not sure what changed in the interim. (Maybe moving to OpenCore from Clover?)
cool thanks, are you using any tb3 devices btw?

cool thanks, are you using any tb3 devices btw?
I'm not actually, also haven't had time to try to get that working, although I don't have a real reason to. Unless it would let me connect to the CalDigit TS4 dock (has anyone tested driving Ethernet + monitors through a dock like that? I'd assume it'd require the full 48Gbps chipset, which the z390 board doesn't have.)

A quick audio question:

I've been using --alcid=7 and things have been working fine for years. However, I've recently updated my audio setup, and am using an external DAC connected to the Z390 via SPDIF. The ALC1220 chip is supposed to be able to support 16/20/24-bit output with sampling rates up to 192 kHz [source], however in Audio MIDI Setup I only see options up to 24-bit, 96 kHz. This is obviously plenty, but I was curious whether anyone has found that some other layout ID adds the final 192 kHz option, to more accurately reflect the capabilities of the codec/chipset. This page indicates that many other layouts are compatible.

Attachments

• 1708456450422.png
    1708456450422.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 5
Does anyone have issues with **waking** from sleep? I've been trying so many combinations of configs, patches, ACPI changes and kexts, and I can't figure out why it doesn't work...

Even with only one device plugged on any USB port (the keyboard, or a mouse, etc...), can't get the desktop to power back on... Windows has no problems with that.

Any pointers on where to look?

Does anyone have issues with **waking** from sleep? I've been trying so many combinations of configs, patches, ACPI changes and kexts, and I can't figure out why it doesn't work...

Even with only one device plugged on any USB port (the keyboard, or a mouse, etc...), can't get the desktop to power back on... Windows has no problems with that.

Any pointers on where to look?

Hi there.

Just ZIP and attach your EFI folder to a post, so we can check it for you. Remember to blank your serial-number first.

:)

Hi there.

Just ZIP and attach your EFI folder to a post, so we can check it for you. Remember to blank your serial-number first.

:)
Right right!

Here's one of the many attempts/configs I've done. Never have any issues booting or going to sleep, the problem is always getting the desktop to wake from sleep.

These have the SSDTs from Dortania, but I get the same problems whether I use those, the ones I generate with SSDTTime, the ones from the latest working EFI in this thread...

I have tried different USB mappings too, this is the current one.
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 09.18.58.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.8 MB · Views: 6
Back