Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Sure, It does not like "Specific Per Core' only 'All core' or 'Per Core' works.

Also if anyones interested 100mv offset voltage works well on my i5 9600KF at 5.2Ghz

BTW fellow M1 owner, here's a pic of the Nitro+ squeezed in...

IMG_1395.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, It does not like "Specific Per Core' only 'All core' or 'Per Core' works.

Also if anyones interested 100mv offset voltage works well on my i5 9600KF at 5.2Ghz

BTW fellow M1 owner, here's a pic of the Nitro+ squeezed in...

View attachment 465942
Lovely stuff! OT but what do you have under the noctuas? I've got a similar arrangement under my RX580 but nothing under them and thinking of making some shrouds.

Dang I'd missed @mango1122 's edit about the modified BIOS version enabling TB force power. I wonder if this would help with hot-plug capability without flashing the macOS only firmware?

Apologies for the delayed reply - It didn't help me/I ran out of patience. Perhaps someone else will have better luck. I ended up flashing the macOS only firmware to get hot-plug support. I have it *almost* working now.

@mango1122 Thank you *so much* for the work and the detailed guide. I was able to get Native TB3 working with hot-plug support by following your guide and @CaseySJ's guide for SPI Flashing & DROM.

However, I'm having an issue where TB3 seems to be deactivated after Sleep/Wake :( Does TB3 work for you after Sleep/Wake? Trying to see if this is a known issue or if it is an issue with my USB Kext/SSDT. Thanks!

@mango1122 Thank you *so much* for the work and the detailed guide. I was able to get Native TB3 working with hot-plug support by following your guide and @CaseySJ's guide for SPI Flashing & DROM.

However, I'm having an issue where TB3 seems to be deactivated after Sleep/Wake :( Does TB3 work for you after Sleep/Wake? Trying to see if this is a known issue or if it is an issue with my USB Kext/SSDT. Thanks!

I haven’t had a chance to test Thunderbolt extensively. My place is under a lockdown, and I left the TB dock in office. BTW does the TB tree in IOReg disappear or the devices are not detected?

P.S. Other issues I briefly saw.
I couldn’t also get a monitor connected to the dock to work. Cold boot, hot plug nothing.
I can’t see USB-c devices plugged into the TB port.

I haven’t had a chance to test Thunderbolt extensively. My place is under a lockdown, and I left the TB dock in office. BTW does the TB tree in IOReg disappear or the devices are not detected?

P.S. Other issues I briefly saw.
I couldn’t also get a monitor connected to the dock to work. Cold boot, hot plug nothing.
I can’t see USB-c devices plugged into the TB port.

Ahh, I see. No worries. Stay safe! Please do let me know whenever you get it back and are able to test it. I'll keep digging. The TB Tree in IOReg is still there but connecting TB3 devices has no effect. It says "No device connected" in System Report. I'm guessing it is a power thing - the machine isn't able (or doesn't) power TB3 back on during wake from sleep. Osy86 fixed this for the Intel Hades Canyon NUC - maybe I'll take a look there for clues. So near, yet so far :)

I didn't try connecting a monitor - I will try that today and get back to you. Will also try a USB-C device.

Not going to help you unfortunately, but my experience is that TB here now succesfully sleep/wakes after updating its NVM firmware as written about previously, though no hot plug functionality. USB drives still get ejected however!

Not going to help you unfortunately, but my experience is that TB here now succesfully sleep/wakes after updating its NVM firmware as written about previously, though no hot plug functionality. USB drives still get ejected however!

Hmm interesting. Thank you for checking! Will keep this in mind should my needs change. Hot plug is currently more valuable to me than sleep & wake so I'll stick to the native macOS firmware.

Can you do me a favor by sharing your Thunderbolt BIOS settings? Just to see if something in there might affect sleep & wake TB functionality. Grasping at straws here I know but just curious.

Back