CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630 iGPU + RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright, this is a work in progress. First-time hackintosher! Hopefully, this info can help someone to fast track their build.
I've used lots of info from multiple sources to make this work. Thanks to everyone who documented their build.
I have my current working kexts and config attached below to kickstart builds.

What's working:
OS Boot
Ethernet
All USB ports (Didn't confirm yet if they are seen as 2.0 or 3.0, but all ports are working)

What's not working:
Graphics Acceleration (UHD 630 is showing up (with 7M) but there are a lot of visual jitter and glitches)
Wi-Fi (Haven't tried anything yet)
Bluetooth (Haven't tried anything yet)
Audio (Haven't tried anything yet)

Latest Update:
TBD

The build:
ASRock B360M-ITXac (Motherboard)
Intel Core i7 8700 Coffee Lake Processor (Cpu)
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 RAM (Memory)
No GPU yet (Graphics Card)
Samsung 960 Evo M.2 250GB NVMe SSD (Mac boot drive)
Cryorig M9i (Cpu Water Cooler)
EVGA 500w w1 (Power Supply)
Cougar qbx (Computer Case)
BCM94350ZAE (WiFi)

The BIOS:
ASRock's Bios info is a bit all over the place but you can find these settings in Chipset and Boot.
Virtualization : Enabled
VT-d : Enabled
XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
Secure Boot : Disabled
Fast Boot : Disabled
CMS: Disabled
Integrated Graphics : Onboard
Graphics: Onboard
DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M

The Steps I did to make it work:
I used Unibeast to create the bootable USB.
I tried with a USB2.0 External HDD (with a sub 32gb partition) but I would get the "Permission Denied" icon every time.
Then I switched to my slowest USB2.0 8gb stick (Verbatim Store n go).

This one allowed me to boot correctly but the USB ports didn't work. I tried many many methods but ultimately I believe USBinjectall.kext and XHCI-200-series-injector.kext where/are what made the USBs work.

Once I booted I did the MultiBeast steps... black screen. When I rebooted with bootable USB, then graphics were back, USB ports didn't work.

Scratch MultiBeast, tried multiple variances, and it never worked for me. I was always greeted with a black screen... and no USBs.
What I ended up doing was completing my install/boot with Clover manually (Mount the Boot EFI and merge the Bootable USB EFI files to it).

From there, I started adding kexts for Ethernet (Intel MausiV2.4.0 works flawlessly).
And I changed my SMBIOS from 14,2 to 18,1, then 18,2 then 18,3.

My current observations:
So far I am focussed on fixing the graphics, as a first timer I may be over my head but here it is.
From my trials, I thought that changing the SMBIOS (From manual tries and MultiBeast) was leading me to a black screen, but after creating a stable config I made small changes (one at a time, rather than bulking them together). Turns out that SMBIOS changes worked.

What does throw a black screen is when I try any of the methods to get the iGPU acceleration/framebuffer (and hopefully stop the glitches). As soon as I try spoofing, or changing values in Graphics, I get a black screen, but when I have 0x3E928086 (or I believe 0x12345678) in Devices -> FakeID -> IntelGFX it works!

That is where I'm at! I'll update this thread as I go along.

And if anyone has suggestions please add to the thread!

Last edited:
Latest Update:
June 10: Audio is now working

Audio workaround
I started with this guide (Realtek Audio Guide), I followed the steps in the "Unsupported" section.
I tried multiple variations, but the ACL887 and B360 patch don't seem to work.
How I had them work is by following the steps but then I installed the VoodooHDA 2.9.1 with MultiBeast.
Now the audio works!

Attached in this post are the Boot Kexts and Boot config from Post#1

Attachments

• B360-Kexts.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 913
  • config-18-3-noAudio-NoAcc-Eth.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 656
Latest Update:
June 12th: UHD 630 iGPU is working with acceleration

What's working:
OS Boot
Ethernet
All USB ports (Didn't confirm yet if they are seen as 2.0 or 3.0, but all ports are working)
Audio (As the previous post. Use VoodooHDA 2.9.1)
Graphics Acceleration (UHD 630 is showing up)

What's not working:

Wi-Fi (Haven't tried anything yet) *Waiting for native M2 Card to arrive
Bluetooth (Haven't tried anything yet) *Waiting for native M2 Card to arrive

The Steps I did to make it work:
Video:

I tried the method described by hollowman and Flo84 (thx guys for the leg work!), which worked right away. I was able to get acceleration right away but the screen was still glitchy. Changing the SMBIOS to 18,1 fixed the issue right away. BUT, when I installed Adobe After Effects CC, the acceleration stopped working right away. I tried uninstalling it (along with all Adobe products...) nothing, the installation changed some files...
So I DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT recommend using hollowman's solution/patch.

What worked for me is a mix of all the solutions. I used Hackintosher's method of using a Kaby Lake iGPU framebuffer:
ig-platform-id: 0x59120000 for the UHD 630 iGPU / OR / 0x59120003 for a dedicated GPU.
Also set Devices -> FakeID -> IntelGFX to 0x59128086
and
add the boot flag -disablegfxfirmware

Since then, everything has been PERFECT. As long as the SMBIOS is on 18,1

After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, Premiere Pro work flawlessly

I am installing a Radeon GPU in the machine but I am happy to have figured out this issue!

Attached is my latest (and probably last upload) config.plist until I clean it up!

Attachments

• config-18-1-Audio-Acc-Eth.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 748
I want to know how to enter the Installation interface.I use the same motherboard as yours, but I failed at “missing required descriptor” then come with a forbidden logo and flowers screen.

Attachments

• IMG_3698.JPG
    IMG_3698.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 651
  • IMG_3699.JPG
    IMG_3699.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 583
  • IMG_3703.JPG
    IMG_3703.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 840
I want to know how to enter the Installation interface.I use the same motherboard as yours, but I failed at “missing required descriptor” then come with a forbidden logo and flowers screen.
"Still waiting for root device".
When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.4+ to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

As BreBo said, you are using a USB3 stick or USB2 External HDD.
Our board only have USB3 ports, any ports will work (I tried them all)

I had the exact same problem the first time I tried to boot. It was because I was using a USB2 HDD then. As soon as I created a USB2 boot stick it was fine.

I am using a Verbatim Store 'n' Go btw!

I have problems with shutdown and sleep/wake . Can't you help me fix it ? Thank you in advance!

I have problems with shutdown and sleep/wake . Can't you help me fix it ? Thank you in advance!

I also have(had) the shutdown/reboot and sleep/wake problem.

Sleep/wake was fixed when I got my RX 560... I havnt looked at how to fix it with the iGPU.
Shutdown/reboot, I have tried a few things and nothing seems to work... so I live with it.

Also, your signature says you have a really different system that this thread... I suggest using the search function to find something specific to yours.

As BreBo said, you are using a USB3 stick or USB2 External HDD.
Our board only have USB3 ports, any ports will work (I tried them all)

I had the exact same problem the first time I tried to boot. It was because I was using a USB2 HDD then. As soon as I created a USB2 boot stick it was fine.

I am using a Verbatim Store 'n' Go btw!

I am using a USB2.0 stick (SanDisk Cruzer Edge 16GB USB 2.0) but still have this problem. I will try another USB2.0 stick.

UPDATE: try another USB stick and solve this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back