Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Just got a xfx zero 6900xt. Its working but not well. Ive been reading through but im still confused about what i need to do. Sounds like it needs the the brg0 ssdt but im not sure what to change or how. Can anybody give me a hand? View attachment 538027View attachment 538028View attachment 538030

Hi @ac9001

In order to spoof the id, you need to place the SSDT-BRG.aml into your ACPI folder of OpenCore, then activate it in your config.plist. Then you need to specify the card in the DeviceProperties section.

The base SSDT-BRG0 file is in the OpenCore distribution (OpenCore-0.7.6-RELEASE > OpenCore-0.7.6-RELEASE > Docs > AcpiSamples > Binaries). Because it is a minor edit, you can modify it with MaciASL. The base file specifies an ACPI path of PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, then assigns the pci-bridge as "BRG0". On your motherboard, it's a different path of PC02.BR2A.SL05, so we have to change it.

Open SSDT-BRG0.aml in MaciASL (I have version 1.6.1). You should see this:

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 10.25.24 AM.png

You need to modify the path, circled in red. These should read PC02.BR2A.SL05.

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 2.14.58 PM.png

Then, you save the file as "ACPI Machine Language Binary" as "SSDT-BRG0.aml" and place this file into your OC > ACPI folder in your EFI.

Now, edit your your OpenCore config.plist and activate the SSDT-BRG0 file:

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 10.32.50 AM.png

Now, scroll down to your "DeviceProperties" section of your config.plist, then you will have to add the PCI path to your card, as specified in your Hackintool readout:

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 10.39.07 AM.png

I think that should be it! I am attaching the modified SSDT-BRG0.aml file in case you don't want to make it.

Let me know if it works! Happy New Year!

Ted

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG0.aml
    108 bytes · Views: 130
Last edited:
Hi @ac9001

In order to spoof the id, you need to place the SSDT-BRG.aml into your ACPI folder of OpenCore, then activate it in your config.plist. Then you need to specify the card in the DeviceProperties section.

The base SSDT-BRG0 file is in the OpenCore distribution (OpenCore-0.7.6-RELEASE > OpenCore-0.7.6-RELEASE > Docs > AcpiSamples > Binaries). Because it is a minor edit, you can modify it with MaciASL. The base file specifies an ACPI path of PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, then assigns the pci-bridge as "BRG0". On your motherboard, it's a different path of PC02.BR2A.SL05, so we have to change it.

View attachment 538177

View attachment 538177
Then, you save the file as "ACPI Machine Language Binary" as "SSDT-BRG0.aml" and place this file into your OC > ACPI folder in your EFI.

View attachment 538179

Now, scroll down to your "DeviceProperties" section of your config.plist, then you will have to add the PCI path to your card, as specified in your Hackintool readout:

View attachment 538180
I think that should be it! I am attaching the modified SSDT-BRG0.aml file in case you don't want to make it.

Ted
Thank you so so much! Worked perfectly! I was having a weird issue at first where propertree wasnt injecting the device id. I checked it in oc configurator and the id was blank. I added it in occ and it worked perfect. Thanks for spending the time to write such and in depth and easy to understand post! and for the ssdt! Happy New Year!

Hi all,
I have a weird one - got the 6800xt and after much back and forth of just not getting even windows to recognize it (and getting a replacement card) I realized that my Z370 mobo would only work with it in the 2nd PCIE slot. My current 1080Ti has been happily living (and working) in the 1st slot. This probably isnt that big of a deal but... Thoughts?

Hi all,
I have a weird one - got the 6800xt and after much back and forth of just not getting even windows to recognize it (and getting a replacement card) I realized that my Z370 mobo would only work with it in the 2nd PCIE slot. My current 1080Ti has been happily living (and working) in the 1st slot. This probably isnt that big of a deal but... Thoughts?

It sounds like the second slot operates at PCIX8, whereas the first slot operates at PCIX16. So I would think you would want it to operate in the first slot. But unless you do a lot of intense gaming, I don't think you'll see a big difference. If you dual boot to the Windows side to game, I think you'll want to have it in the first slot.

It sounds like the second slot operates at PCIX8, whereas the first slot operates at PCIX16. So I would think you would want it to operate in the first slot. But unless you do a lot of intense gaming, I don't think you'll see a big difference. If you dual boot to the Windows side to game, I think you'll want to have it in the first slot.
Yup, x16 on 1st and x8 on second. Gamers Nexus did a wonderful writeup about this and actually less worried about it (TLDR ~1% difference in actual performance) - more of a question of what the heck is going on with why the mobo wouldn't want the 6800xt in the first slot? I would assume the 1080Ti working normal means the slot is working...

Yup, x16 on 1st and x8 on second. Gamers Nexus did a wonderful writeup about this and actually less worried about it (TLDR ~1% difference in actual performance) - more of a question of what the heck is going on with why the mobo wouldn't want the 6800xt in the first slot? I would assume the 1080Ti working normal means the slot is working...

Yeah, IDK why that happens. This use to happen a lot back in the olden days with ISA expansion slots. I remember having to swap cards through all the slots, trying to find the right combination.

Hi, I had no issue when swapping my 1080 for a WX9100, only had to add “pikera” boot arg.
This is my config now with two gpus -added 6800xt- and running BS 11.6.2. The cards are placed like this because it is the only way to fit them given the huge width of the 6800 and the mobo pci-slots width.

1641461157395.png

1641461199078.png

Hi guys. I had a working Big Sur 11.4 installation prior to installing my second GPU. Both are XTXH revision cards.

I had this install done remotely, so I have a rather limited understanding of hackintoshes in general so please be mindful!

What do I need to change/add in order to get my hack to boot again? I'd really rather not remove the second card as it's useful in Windows

Thank you in advance for any help

Hi guys. I had a working Big Sur 11.4 installation prior to installing my second GPU. Both are XTXH revision cards.

I had this install done remotely, so I have a rather limited understanding of hackintoshes in general so please be mindful!

What do I need to change/add in order to get my hack to boot again? I'd really rather not remove the second card as it's useful in Windows

Thank you in advance for any help

Hi @Xenon82 - Not sure if I can help you out since I don't have 2 cards. I have a couple ideas, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

- why do you have 2 cards? I didn't think these cards could be used in SLI. Or do you need 8 outputs?
- was the single card working, then when you added the second card, it failed to work?
- Do you have access to another video or someway to output a signal in order to see what is going on when you attach a card to the second slot?

Hi @ac9001

View attachment 538177

View attachment 538192

View attachment 538179

View attachment 538180

Ted
Hey @tedyun just trying to follow your guide here to get my 6900XT working as per the needed spoofing. I've added the SSDT-BRG0.aml file and added the PCI path under DEVICE PROPERTIES>ADD however i'm unsure how to get the AAPL,slot-name, device-id and model rows to populate. Do i add these in manually? Or should these automatically get populated somehow? Do i just copy the text you have in your screenshot?

Any help appreciated! Thanks heaps.

Back