Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first build so I'm having some trouble.

I went through the process of installing the OS X update package as is instructed in the installation guides.
I then competed a successful installation of Multibeast (easy beast w/ system utilities checked)
Then, as instructed, I removed iBoot and restarted my machine
- At this point, it runs through the chimera boot screen and I boot to my "Snow Leopard" drive. It moves to the grey Apple screen with the Apple logo, however, and just gets stuck indefinitely.

I've tried:
VT -d : disabled in BIOS
GraphicsEnabler=No
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1

This is the verbose output from GraphicsEnabler=No:

IMG_2071.jpg

If anyone has some suggestions, next steps, etc, I would appreciate it as I'm rather lost at this point. I'm not computer wiz so be gentle. Thanks.

------------------------

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
Intel Core i7-4790k Quad-Core Haswell
Intel Onboard HD Graphics 4600
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

This is my first build so I'm having some trouble.

I went through the process of installing the OS X update package as is instructed in the installation guides.
I then competed a successful installation of Multibeast (easy beast w/ system utilities checked)
Then, as instructed, I removed iBoot and restarted my machine
- At this point, it runs through the chimera boot screen and I boot to my "Snow Leopard" drive. It moves to the grey Apple screen with the Apple logo, however, and just gets stuck indefinitely.

I've tried:
VT -d : disabled in BIOS
GraphicsEnabler=No
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1

This is the verbose output from GraphicsEnabler=No

If anyone has some suggestions, next steps, etc, I would appreciate it as I'm rather lost at this point. I'm not computer wiz so be gentle. Thanks.

------------------------

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
Intel Core i7-4790k Quad-Core Haswell
Intel Onboard HD Graphics 4600
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
As many threads as there are in this forum with your same problem and nobody ever reads them before posting a new thread. Your problem is simple -

THERE IS NO SUPPORT IN THE SNOW LEOPARD KERNEL FOR HASWELL HARDWARE AND IT WILL NEVER BOOT FROM THE HDD. RUNNING
MULTIBEAST ON HASWELL IS A WASTE OF TIME.

So, go back and reinstall, then update to 10.6.8, download Yosemite, create a USB installer and follow the guide to install Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back